"You'll get a bit fat and sweat a bit", they said....HA HA HA 😡

Posted , 15 users are following.

WHAT A LOAD OF COMPLETE SH*TE. 

I'm furious with Peri/Meno and general hormone hell. 

What I wouldn't give for the "worst" thing to be being a flabby, sweating *itch. 

The reality is so beyond debilitating. 

Does anyone else spend all day in bed sometimes/often?! The sloth has literally become my favourite animal 😳

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I spend many many hours in bed as not only have meno symptoms have mono too so a double whammy ! How I get through each day I will never know ... 6 months of all this . Please God give us all a break ! Not sure how much more I can handle .
  • Posted

I woke up at noon. Rolled out of bed to brush my teeth.. didnt bother to brush my hair! Walked into the kitchen and unloaded the dishwasher. Looked for some brioche bread because that's all I felt like eating. We didn't have any, so I grabbed the box of Life cereal and walked to the game room and sat down and watched my husband put together my drawing desk as I ate my Life straight from the box. It is now 2:30 and I have done nothing! I have an Apple Watch and have taken 426 steps total!! I have done 0% of my exercise goal and have burned a whopping 42 calories!! 😜 My goal for the day is to fix dinner! Woohoo! And maybe brush my hair 😜 And maybe hit 1000 steps! 😂 So yes, I have days I do nothing and spend way too much time in bed! 

• Posted

I’ve not picked an outfit out in months wear the same sweatshirt and leggings every day .. when I’m better I’m never wearing them again ! I think I last  washed my hair 3 weeks ago I just wash the front the sides and then stick it up in a ponytail.

Been tempted to get it all cut off but know I’ll regret it . I did get a pedicure last week but just wanted them to hurry so I could get out of there . Everybody bothers me and smiling is a thing of the past ! 

• Posted

I just told my mom today that I don't care what I look like.I wear workout clothes all the time,and I don't even work out,and I used to love fashion.I have a hair appointment Thursday,haven't been since May.I am hoping I can sit there and not wig out.This is a,most becoming laughable,if I didn't feel so cray cray.We passed a homeless man laying on the side of the road talking to himself,and I thought this will probably be me before this is all over.

• Posted

Then it will be all of us on the side of the road. Lord I hope not. I live in a state that gets really hot in the summer. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Posted

Lou - yes; my days seem to consist of doing the bare minimum. I am horizontal it seems most of the time that I can be. I sometimes wonder if WHY this is so difficult on some of us is because we really had a zest and passion for life before this all hit????!!!

We could do 100 things a day and juggle and wear many hats in our lives. Maybe that's what we all have in common here? We went from this strong energy and passion for life - to a new normal that is fatigue, physical discomfort and the constant new and unknown. 

Well...at least that's how it is for me. I thank God for the times that I had good health until age 49! I thank Him and I feel bad that I took so much for granted. When I get dizzy here and there during certain times; I took for granted being able to drive and do things for myself.

I took for granted waking up with "my List" of all that I was going to accomplish that day.

Oh how it felt so good to be productive and give back!!!!!!

I am thankful for all of you on this forum that are HONEST. TRANSPARENT. Willing to share. It helps me to know that I am not alone. I'm so much better than I was in June - I'm getting "better" at accepting each new physical symptom - most times I'm able to reassure myself it's Peri. I'm learning to have more compassion for others that have health struggles. It's humbling.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.