1 down 1 to go!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

First TKR in Febuary this year. All good until beginning of September when I had inflammation in knee. Xrays showed the replacement still very good but swelling around it caused by inflammation all good now.

when seeing G. P. she checked other leg that I thought was playing up due to walking differently, No it is now bone on bone the knee cap is also bone on bone the same as my replaced one was. So saw consultant Friday at one pm. Said yes needs doing. Next day postman bought letter with my date 6 th November not bad three weeks.

Madly Christmas shopping, carpet shopping, trying to organise Who will do Christmas as all were coming to us, and remembering what I could do same time with first one know will not do Christmas. 

Also have a cruise booked for 2nd January 2016 will be 7 weeks post op so think it will be ok as not planning to do to much anyway. 

Now madly doing all pre op exercises etc. not what I wanted but am glad I didn't have to wait months. 

So in two weeks I will be in absolute agony thinking why did I do it?. But will also know that time goes quick and will soon be all behind me. See pantomimes have started.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi louise.....Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Your job this holiday season will be to take care of yourself and get better!!!!!!!!! One day at a time and what gets done, gets done and what doesn't, Oh, well, it doesn't....You get tired, you rest. you hurt you take pain meds...you want to be along, then be alone...If family can't understand that you just had really, really major surgery, well then...I wouldn't wish TKR on anyone, it is a b1tch of a surgery and takes a long time to recover.  Anyway, again, good luck!!!!
    • Posted

Thank you I have a hubby who is very protective. So will take it slowly as you say the shock of this surgery is mind blowing. I hope that you will be well enough to enjoy Christmas. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.