1 week out from my Total Knee Replacement but still can not lift leg.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Good morning All.

8 Days after my TKR I'm still having no luck lifting my leg.

When i ask about this i get, well it Should come back...

if anyone else out there has gone through this, please share how, if and when movement returned. Sitting in a chair I'm able to lift the leg that didn't have surgery, straighten that knee, lifting that foot as high as i want. The side that had Total knee replacement, nothing at all! I'm able to move that foot and ankle with no problem. But leg... Nothing!

Any words at all from anyone that has been there would Greatly be appreciated!!

Thank You!!!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Gary yes at first your leg feels very heavy and tender but don't worry it's normal. Keep on exercising etc but remember not to push it if it's hurting stop and ice. It's a patient game no pain no gain but it's worth it. Had both done within a year of each other and now to be free of pain is fab. My last one was 3 months ago and my quality of life is back. Take it easy and you'll feel the benefits but as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day.

• Posted

hi, hoping someone could please help me, it's been 3 weeks since my TKR, I had a epidural and was then put to sleep, when I woke I had horrendous pain in my back and hip, not my knee, I told the Dr's and nurses and seemed to be brushed off, now 3 weeks on if I try to lift my leg I can't and I'm still getting really bad back and hip pain, i cant even to put on a pair of socks, I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else as I'm getting really concerned about it,

many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.