1 week with bell's palsy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I was diagnosed with Berks palsy 1 week ago, 5 weeks after having a baby! I was on a steroid dose pack and antiviral meds for a week. I've started having excruciating pain behind the ear on the affected side. It's so bad specially at night. Has anyone else expedience pain?

1 like, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It has taken me over 2 yrs to get over an its still not over im 98% but i still feel an have issues known only to me , good luck best of health for anyone  dealing with this , i wish you speedy speedy recovery if i can help with my recovering by all means drop me a line. 
  • Posted

I am doing really good but it helps to read how this has effected others, i was so thankful for this site an really haveno ideahow in the world i found it, my doctor sayssome cases are extreme an I was oneof them, when i read other peoples systoms i forget i too had brow issues , so it helps to read an learn and possiblyhelp others deal with there current status. 
  • Posted

OK so patience is not my virtue! I am grateful for the movementi do have bit it sends like nothing had changed or improved in the last few days. Once you guys stated noticing some movement, how long wad out until it improved drastically? I wad really excited and now I'm blah!
  • Posted

I seem to remember about 3-4 weeks before big improvement.  I had it twice and both times were like that. 
    • Posted

Philip I'm exactly 3 weeks, this past week, I regained a bit of movement to my brow nose and a tiny bit to my mouth. It sends like there hasn't been any change since then.
  • Posted

Philip you had it twice? How long before the second time an were it same as the first time, ?
    • Posted

About 6-9 months after the first time.   Same apart from the other side of my face!   Luckily now many years on and fine. 
  • Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy on 29/11/16. I am getting a bad pain just behind ear and was put on 60mg steroids for 5 days. my left eye won't close and mouth dropped on thst side. I am also sensitive to sounds like dog barking, does my head in.

• Posted

Every systom and pain is exalty what i went thru 3 yrs ago, takes time an make sure you exercise your facial muscles, i used heating pad behind my ear! Having full facial massages has helped me to this day, best of health, hope you feel better quick
  • Posted

I have shingles and occasionally get Bell's palsy, it's only temporary until the virus passes with treatment.

it will pass with time.ask for meds that can help,with nerve pain.

i am so sorry this happened to u and hope antiviral will help,

Hopexxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.