1 year post TKR ...still uncomfortable when I go on my knees

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all.

Well it's gone 1 year and been an interesting journey. Just wanted to catch up and compare with others really. I can walk long distances without pain which is great , knee still feels stuff at times and clicks about. I thought I would be able to get onto my knees not that I need to very often but with young grandchildren needing nappy changing then I do ...not comfortable at all ! A bit painful really and stiff and sore when I get up ...is this the same for everyone?

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi pennypops

i had mt total knee repl 13 months ago , still having stiffness in particular after 20 min walk or stationary bike. it is less stiff in pool.

it is very diff to bend down.

i am using JAS KNEE brace which is uncomfortable despite following protocols. DOC says i can have arthroplasty to loosen knee up.

and increase flexibility past 105 degrees.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.