Posted , 10 users are following.
Today marks 1 year since my last drink. What does this mean:
- I have not spent 10,952$ on wine
- I have lost weight
- I have started back at running
- I am proud of myself
- And my husband is proud of me too
- I do not wake up hungover
- I remember what I did last night
- I started collecting something I've always dreaming of doing so I get tons of joy from that.
I could keep going but in all it was not easy but worth it. The hardest part wasn't the not drinking but dealing with my life with no alcohol. Learning That I can not just throw in the towel when things get bad and drink my worries and problems away. It's a hard, long process that just doesn't happen from one day to the next because I stopped drinking but am stronger now for understanding my limitations and what I can accept. Learning that even though I love the taste and feelings I get from wine I have a bad relationship with it and like any bad relationship it had to end.
So today I took myself out for lunch and bought myself a present and will start year 2 SOBER and PROUD. Maybe I will be able to take a trip or put my money somewhere better then in those bottles.
3 likes, 23 replies