10 and a half months post op.

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all doing well and making progress.

Having reached 10 & 1/2 months post-op for A&P repairs I had hoped to be almost back to what I would consider normal; that is able to run my household without help and back doing most low impact exercise, and able to cope with some overtime at work.

Sadly every time I think I'm making headway I end up back at square one; square one being just about coping with my 2 x 5 hour shifts, still only coping with short walks with lots of stops and resting and still not able to do too many household chores in one day.

As some of you know had novo-virus last week and we worried had weaken pelvic floor but as I recovered all seemed to be well and no damage done.

Done my Sunday shift - couple of hours on my feet and rest of shift on seat at checkout - all went well.

Went to work today and most of shift spent on chair unsuitable for job, had no wheels to all in movement, can't get chair close enough to allow support when packing. If you position it close enough then theirs no room to squeeze onto seat, and if to far away you can't get your number to the back of the seat and be near enough to work the till. So you end up overstretching without support.

Anyway back at square one shifting weight without support and back arched resulting in pelvic floor being really painful, sharp achy pains inside vaginally area, and perineum area burning.

Home now with feet up but feel that every time I get set backs like this and have to rest up is like days of my life being stolen from me!

Getting fed up with my long term health being put at risk and for what other than lining someonelse's pocket; why can't a large multimillion pound company supply decent supporting seats for their employees?

Stood for most of my last hour at work even though i had managed to get a good seat by then as i was too sore to sit. Couldn't sit on my bum at all when I got home had to go horizontal. Haven't been like thus bad since early days post-op.

Wishing I hadn't went back to this job now; maybe my expectations have been to high? I suppose after two separate repair ops my pelvic floor is bound to be weaker than after first op and maybe I should have allowed longer recovery for posterior op before returning.

I know I should be positive and be saying to myself that things could be much worse, at least my repairs are holding up and oddly enough my pelvic floor exercises still feel strong. I would have been in a very sorry state right now if it wasn't for the wonderful surgery done by my surgeon all thanks to our wonderful NHS. Without surgery my prolapse would have been protruding outside by now and very painful limiting me in lots of ways and probably would have been unable to work at all and would have been almost house bound.

Anyhow back to the quandary as to what else I can do !!!

Feeling lost,

Phyl x

2 likes, 99 replies

99 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Bless you, I had my first 5 &1/2 shift today (on feet bar a 20 min break)and omg my body all afternoon has been aching all-over?, like you I honestly ?thought after 9mths I would feel feel ?a lot better, I've ended up with a chest infection?, coughing continually which hasn't helped, having a suspected bowel prolapse doesn't help but continually look at job sites but hard when I'm not 100% and work so far have been fine and other staff have been helping me, I feel like one day in, one day out (health wise)and I'm trying to stay focused that things will get better, sending hugs xx

• Posted

Thank you Melons,

It really doesn't help much having a chest infection does it, I hope it clears up quickly for you! Remember to pull up and hold before coughing.

We should all have super powerful pelvic muscles.

Healing hugs

Phyl x💖

• Posted

After coughing continually for 4hrs not sure if pinching in was working lol, we have to believe that things will be better, and if you feel like crying then do, I often have a a cry but it does actually make me feel better sending more hugs xx
    • Posted

Must admit I hate crying, just end up with very red swollen eyes, and dry nippy cheeks.

But on the positive it also cleanses my eyes and my tearducts out.

But you are right it does also help to make us feel bit better as it probably releases tension that builds up ad we get frustrated by trying situations

Phyl x

• Posted

Oh Phyl I feel for you along with welsh girl we had our ops around the same time and still suffering. I've not posted for a while but still follow the posts. Doctors now think I have pelvc congestion syndrome.. I have had nerve block injections for poundal nerve also as they are not sure if this  also causing problems. Don't really want any more procedures but struggling to find any help on NHS or the pelvic congestion xx

• Posted

I'm sick of it all hun but havevtyo stay positive. Thank god for my new consultant. I can't stop talking about hi lol.I get so down some days and im reduced to tears then I remember the positive thought and keep going. Itsd just not fair am this prolapse lark,it takes over your life.xx

• Posted

Yes stay positive we could be worse.. Yes having a good old cry helps me too xx
    • Posted

Felt a bit like having a cry today, then thought no not going to let it get to me !
    • Posted

Hi Karen thank you for your reply, not ignoring you, wanted to know what pelvic congestion was before replying. Sounds like that is very painful.

I suppose it's not surprising that we should have problems with nerve endings and veins when you think of how they go about the surgery.

Let's hope that these problems all settle down in the longer term.

Healing hugs,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Sorry to hear that! It seems my repairs are doing quite well better and better each day. I gad a bout last week with bladder pain that turned out not to be anything. But my normal back pain that I've had all my life seems to be getting worse for some reason ugh

• Posted

Have heard that back pain can follow repairs, and was told that I was having back problems and was nothing to do with repairs.

Thought this odd as I was under impression that back pain was felt higher up or near tail end of spine not deep in lower pelvic floor area.

Anyway would imagine that the long recovery being horizontal and resting all the time would exasperate any back problems.

Anyway glad to hear your repairs are going well. So difficult to stay positive when other areas giving problems.

Lots of hugs x💖

• Posted

Oh Phyl, you were really poorly. It's going to take a while to feel strong again. If I remember correctly you have quite a journey to work too. Perhaps you need to have another chat with your HR dept? It's so hard when you are not able to do what you used to especially if you've had a nasty bug.

Spring is around the corner 🌷 X

• Posted

Yes imnotadoctor, I do have a long journey to work and back but my hubby has been driving me back and forward for nearly all my shifts as his work is not so busy in winter.

Every time I have felt like things were progressing well and I attempted to do the journeys myself it would backfire and I would end up worse again so haven't attempted going by bus in a while.

Can't see me being to much further ahead by spring when I seem to be so easily toppled. Having said that I have over halfy holidays to take so have put in for them and hopefully that will let me get some healing done soon.

Thank you for your up building comments,

Hugs 💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.