10 days after Botox & fissurectomy - ouch!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had Botox and a fissurectomy performed 10 days ago and I had completely underestimated how disruptive it was going to be. I'd thought maybe 1 week off work, then working from home the next week, but I'm nowhere near being ready for that yet. I can walk maybe 1/2 mile but then it's just too painful to continue. On the plus side whilst everything is very tender and sore, I'm not in the extreme levels of pain that I know some of you are suffering. Fortunately BMs are no longer causing sharp pain, but the overall tenderness and burning sensation is the biggest problem right now. This morning I've tried putting a thin layer of zinc oxide cream (Sudacrem in the UK) around by BH to see if that can calm down the redness/nappy rash that has taken hold. Not seeing the CRS for another 2 weeks so hoping things are better by then. It's frustrating that I'm currently in a far worse state than before the procedure, but if it fixes things long term then that's a price worth paying.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thanks for responding ive been reading this thread with great interest im exactly the same as you and martin

i had botox about 10 week ago went 100% worse then 4 weeks ago had second lot of botox plus fissureoctomy, skin tag removal.

ive improved slightly but depending on day depends how i am ive probably had 5 ok days in over 2 months, main issue is pain after BM and pressure cant walk can just potter about after 5/10 mins stood up i need to lie down and let the pains pass.

i see consultant on 27th for next step ive not been in work for 2 months

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.