10 days on orlistat

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi

ive been taking orlistat for 10 days now following a low fat diet, i started at 10 stone 9lbs and weighed my self today im now 10 stone 7lb am i on the right track, could do with some reassurance please xx

3 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Tiffany,

I hope you don't mind me asking, but were you prescribed these tablets to treat obesity? The only reason i ask is because i noticed you started at 10st 9lbs, which for me, would take me to a healthy weight, but i know it can be different for different people of different heights etc.

Were you diagnosed as 'obese' and therefore given the tablets or did your doctor prescribe for any different reasons?

I haven't started the tablets yet because i am really worried about the side affects i've read about liver damage and them being banned in the US due to patients getting pancreatic cancer ... so i'm just trying to get all the info i can before i make my decision to take them or not.

Hope you are finding success with the tablets and good luck smile x

• Posted

Hey ladies, I noticed a few of you aren't happy with how much weight you've lost, if you have anxiety as well we don't want you relapsing.

I'm training to compete in physique competitions, so I'm not a nutritionist but I am very knowledgeable with diets. If any of you would like any help could you post what your diet is and I can advise you on what to change to increase fat loss

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.