10 months of vertigo, tinnitus, vibrations and need help desperately

Posted , 7 users are following.

My wife had a tooth out last year (10) months ago the following day she had a migraine attack which was so severe we called an ambulance and my wife was kept in hospital for a couple of days.

Up until this point she had never had a migraine in her life, she is 33yrs old.

They did MRI, tests etc and she was diagnosed with migraines and migraine associated vertigo. She has seen a neurologist for the diagnosis.

She takes

180mg propananol slow release

60mg Amatriptaline

Frovatriptan (for an attack)

And naproxen 500mg upto three times a day if needed.

Her daily migraines have reduced but she still gets tries very often but she is left with the following symptoms.

Vertigo - she is being pushed backwards all the time, she spins left and right, and drops like an elevator constantly. If she walks up and down the stairs it takes her 15min before the intense spinning stops. A 2minute journey in the car completly screws her over.

Internal vibrations - she gets a mobile phone vibration feeling in her feet, all the way up to her back and sometimes in her arms and neck/head. It never stops but has varying degrees of intensity this is driving her crazy and makes the vertigo worse.

Head vibrations and tinnitus - she had tinnitus before this started and had it for a number of years but now it is in both ears and the pitch is so intense she can't cope. Her brain feels like it has a generator inside it as well buzzing away all the time.

She is Suicidal and can't cope anymore, I want to to get her back into see a neurolgyst but has anyone had a similar situation and any advice please?

We are desperate

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello I wish your wife the best. I am 26 years old. A year ago I was playing football and a much large guy tackled me in the head with his shoulder. I am currently experiencing similar symptoms as you wife. I have a ringing in my ear that gets excruciatingly louder as I lay down. The vertigo and balance gets even more noticeable. I get tingling a little shocks all over my body. Then this internal tremors start to happen and would travel up my body, I'm think esophagus to my head/brain and around all over. It's honestly terrify especially when i feel the pressure moving around in my head and to be honest I just hope it kills me quick. I haven't been able to go to doctors because my family is not financially stable. I feel like it effects my memory and it also has in impact on my vision. To look at the world through my eyes, everything will go in and out and back in and out. With the injury, I also have incredible neck pain/whip lash from the hit. I cannot carry even 5 pounds without the symptoms gradually progressing. please let me know if you guys find any relief. I am an ex combat medic and I just got into a really good nursing program. I want to keep fighting for my dream but these symptoms are making my day to day hard. I wish you and your wife the best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.