10 weeks after anterior THR

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am 10 weeks out from my anterior THR and I feel like a new woman.  I have my life back.  I am biking and swimming without pain.  The doc will probably clear me to tango in two months.  I am working 12 hour shifts as a staff nurse with only mild soreness and aching, no sharp pains.  I am so happy - it is so amazing to have that pain gone and go back to my very active lifestyle!!!

5 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Congratulations. When this surgery works this well, it's life changing and enhancing. To go back to Tango, that's fabulous ! Good luck going forward with your dancing.

• Posted

That is what I want not sure what this groin pain is??? But it is very 😣 

• Posted

Hi Paula,

That groin pain is in your illopsoas tendon.  Look on the internet at the muscles tied to your femur and their role in a THR procedure.  It is (hopefully) soft tissue inflammation so address this with your P.T. professional.  However, I also had sever groin pain in the illopsoas tendon in my groin so badly that after 8 months I demanded a CT Scan.  I received the worst news, the implant components were loosening after only 8 months and I went through a horrible "revision" this Christmas, 23 days in the hospital, a hospital bed here at home and wheelchair only allowed now until April.  So, it is a fairly typical pain.  But, as with me, after a few weeks of a good Physical Therapist working on you and giving you "clam" exercises etc. if it doesn't subside you may want to request a CT Scan and then have your surgeon and his Radiologist [u]compare[/u] early xrays month to month to month to that CT Scan.  I pray you do not have loosening or a component issue like I just did.  Don't delay and God Bless You.

• Posted

Tango-

Congratulations, glad to hear it's going so well for you.  Being released from the pain and allowed to return to the tango must be extraordinarily satisfying.  Wonderful news.  Are you in the states and may I ask where about?  I'd be interested in the surgeon that did your hip.

Thanks and best wishes.

Jim

• Posted

Thank you!  Yes I am in Alexandria Virginia and my surgeon was Nittin Goyal.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.