10 weeks post LTKR still swollen, hot and stiff - have Synovitis

Posted , 8 users are following.

My recovery started off ok but by 6 weeks it all went wrong. PHYSIO diagnosed SYNOVITIS - inflammation of the synovial fluid around the capsule of the joint. Back on crutches and rest. I am so over this recovery roller coaster - thought I would be walking and back at work now. Feeling very down.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

for me fractured patella age 71 NO SURGERY BUT IT IS IN TWO PIECES ortho think it will be fine 9 weeks now PHYSIO AND THE BIKE I am doing ok still not able to do a straight leg lift PHYSIO said it will come I AM GOING TO THE POOL EVERY THING IS GOOD IN THE POOL ANY ADVICE OR DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A PATELLA IN TWO PIECES FOR EVER

• Posted

I know someone in her 80's who fractured her patella in November. She's now back with her walking group, doing short distances, but getting there. I wish you well in your recovery. What helped me with the straight leg lifts after my TKR was to use a therapy band for support when lifting the leg, gradually reducing the support the band gave until one day I could lift it. It was a great feeling. Hang in there, you will do it.

• Posted

thank you Iamdoing well actually Itripped yesterday so now sore back to ice I REALIZE PATIENCE UNTIL THE KNEE GETS STRONGER

• Posted

Oh you poor thing. Take it easy and look after yourself. I hope you haven't done any further damage.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.