10 weeks post op today

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and progressing.

Just a little update again. My daughter took me shopping yesterday, just for a few things, suprised how well I coped, normally hubby does it all. So managed most if my shopping myself, my daughter only handled a few of the heavier things and carried the bag.

Can manage about 2 litres but supporting it with second hand, don't think I could carry that much for any length of time.

Doing heavier washing loads, still got to be careful with wet washing so much heavier, especially towels and jeans.

Doing a little of most things around the house most days, and gradually doing more, but still not doing any heavy spring cleaning.

So almost back to near normal. Enjoying the warm weather for last 2 days, two of my daughters over for visit yesterday, sat a bit too long in the sun chairs, not very supportive, back repair throbbing, sore, and kept we awake for hours couldn't get comfy at all.

Front repair I'm sure is completely healed, but back repair, think swelling has just went down as discovered stitch just inside vag... opening maybe about a half inch/ inch up on back wall. Think that is what is giving me all the discomfort.

Got ten days yet till I go back to work so Hope it loosened or disowned by then as it's still like catgut at the moment. This is the only bit now that still feels a bit weak when I overdo things.

Hope you are all making the most of the good weather.

Happy healing, look after yourself and take the time you need.

Phyl x💖

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It's lovely to read you are doing so well, you've been very supportive to the other ladies over the weeks as well. The posterior repair does take longer to heal but you're obviously being careful and know your limits. Your post will be encouraging for so many ladies xx
    • Posted

Thank you Matron,

I have benefited so much too from the many posts from all the lovely ladies on the forum, so glad to have the forum this time round, and happy to give something back too.

Phyl x 💖💖💖

• Posted

Phyl, that is very posative an keep up the hard work look after the repairs lv.

i am three week one day A&P having a better day today than any other, not perfect, wish the stiches would com out and the heavy feeling is getting less, so hopefully it is getting a bit better, the stiches are itchy mind.

good look take care xx

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

Sounds like your doing really well, 'itchy' usually means healing, so that must be good and if heaviness is getting less your swelling must be going down too, keep doing as you are, must be on right track.

Take care and plenty rest,

Happy healing,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi Phylis, thanks for your update, so glad you have progressed so well. I'm only at week 6 but you have given me the insight that life will return to normal after all. Happy Days

Elizabeth 😻😻

• Posted

Hi Thank you Elizap,

Hope you are doing well. Recovery time does take so long, but if we are careful too take it slowly a bit at a time it is so worth it.

This is such a great time of year to be off work, make the the most of the weather and relax and enjoy, before you know it you'll be all healed and back to normal routine.

Take care x💖

• Posted

Good to hear you are doing so well. Take it easy & don't do too much. 😀
    • Posted

Hi Thanks Imnotadoctor,

How are you? Hope all going well.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Hi Phyllis glad to hear you're doing so well, I'm at 3 weeks post op so still some way to go I think. Although I'm aware of improvement still find sitting uncomfortable, due to go back work at 6 weeks but don't feel confident that's going to happen.
    • Posted

Hi, I understand how you feel I am three weeks A&P and there is no way I will be back in six weeks, I to cannot sit for a long time I tend to role onto my bottom cheaks, have the stiches started to come out
    • Posted

Thanks Carolyn,

I had intended to return to my work at 6 weeks if they were able to provide light duties. In the end they didn't really have any light duties, and looking back that was probably for the best as I had not progressed as much as I had hoped at that time!

I think I tend to forget that the pelvic floor not only supports the pelvic organs but also takes the weight of the rest of the body too when on my feet .

You hopefully should feel a big difference in a couple of weeks, but will still have to take it easy and just do a little at a time and see how it goes.

My first test was sitting yhrough a wedding gift at 5/6 weeks, felt fine at the time but still had to rest up for couple of days after.

Take care,

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Not seen any Gillian, know what you mean about the bum cheeks, I'm lying on the bed at the moment as that does seem easier. Mine also seems to be right in the middle between the cheeks. Seemed much better yesterday
    • Posted

My role is mainly sitting as a secretary but not trilled by that prospect either. Was due to go go Liverpool at the end of this month but managed to cancel until August, don't think I could have managed sitting in the car for 3 hrs.
    • Posted

When I go back at 11/12 weeks, they are splitting my duties between sitting and standing.

Their has been a few on the forum who gave attempted to go back earlier rather than later, and some of them have ended up taking more time off, it's really difficult and they have had to take breaks from sitting by going for a walk about every now and again, as well as going back part-time so as to have gradual return.

Unfortunately it's one of those things that can't be rushed, it takes time if you don't want to have to have it redone.

Take care,

💖

• Posted

I certainly don't want to have it redone. I am due to see occupational health before I return as I work for the NHS and will go back on phased return. Have to wait and see what consultant and they say
    • Posted

Hi, it is a us acne there yes, do you feel heavey underneath some times?

were you from I work in Liverpool sometimes, from Halifax myself

• Posted

Hi Gillian, does feel heavy yes, I'm from Cheshire originally but live in Bicester Oxfordshire now,
    • Posted

I have just opened a new food store there, God do you still travel to Liverpool are you national? .

i think the heavey feeling must be swelling, I have the feeling as it ,akes everything seem low with the anteria

• Posted

Hi, not generally. We are Liverpool supporters and we had a VIP ticket to tour the stadium as a Christmas gift.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.