10 weeks post op today

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and progressing.

Just a little update again. My daughter took me shopping yesterday, just for a few things, suprised how well I coped, normally hubby does it all. So managed most if my shopping myself, my daughter only handled a few of the heavier things and carried the bag.

Can manage about 2 litres but supporting it with second hand, don't think I could carry that much for any length of time.

Doing heavier washing loads, still got to be careful with wet washing so much heavier, especially towels and jeans.

Doing a little of most things around the house most days, and gradually doing more, but still not doing any heavy spring cleaning.

So almost back to near normal. Enjoying the warm weather for last 2 days, two of my daughters over for visit yesterday, sat a bit too long in the sun chairs, not very supportive, back repair throbbing, sore, and kept we awake for hours couldn't get comfy at all.

Front repair I'm sure is completely healed, but back repair, think swelling has just went down as discovered stitch just inside vag... opening maybe about a half inch/ inch up on back wall. Think that is what is giving me all the discomfort.

Got ten days yet till I go back to work so Hope it loosened or disowned by then as it's still like catgut at the moment. This is the only bit now that still feels a bit weak when I overdo things.

Hope you are all making the most of the good weather.

Happy healing, look after yourself and take the time you need.

Phyl x💖

1 like, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Reall good to hear you are doing well and a great positive story for us ladies a few weeks behind trying so hard to be patient!
    • Posted

Hi ClaireM,

Hope you are doing well too,

Take care,

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Hi ya Phyllis

So glad you feel much better...onwards and upwards!

• Posted

Thank you Eve,

Hope you are progressing well also.

Phyl x💖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.