100mg pregabalin twice a day side effects

Posted , 3 users are following.

I started off with 50mg twice a day for 2 weeks. Been on 100mg twice a day for 4 days now. I feel like I have a fever all the time and feel depressed also having palpations. I'm taking them for gad. Also I'm still feeling tensed! When do they start working properly?? Also are these side effects normal?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Your side effects are known and documented - however this does not necessarily mean they are normal Lisa. Considering that you are on this low dose for so little time it suggests that you are very 'sensitive' to the medication and in my opinion it would be best if you followed your Doctor's advice and go back down to 50mg daily. You can either stay on that dose and see if the side effects go away, or decide to come off the capsules by using the method of water titration that I posted earlier. Personally, I do not believe that this drug helps in any way to alleviate GAD. I know of many patients with the same condition who heartily wish they had never taken Pregabalin at all. I know how confusing all of this may be to you, but you need to be your own advocate and do what is best for yourself. I can only give you information and leave it with you to decide. Please Google this drug carefully and do some research for yourself before you decide. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.