11 year old vomiting after every meal for 2 months

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. My 11 year old daughter has been vomiting for at least an hour after everything she eats for 2 months. The gastroenterologist is struggling to diagnose her. She has had an endoscopy, barium meal and blood tests with normal results. She even vomits after water. She initially lost half a stone but she's been prescribed Scandishakes and is keeping enough down to sustain her. This is having a major effect on her life and we are at our wits end. Has anyone any experience of this?

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello - Im really sorry to hear about your daughter that must be really distressing for you all.

I agree with the suggestion about an elimination diet. I had similar issues although not as bad and this was suggested to me. I was already Gluten Free so I cut out Lactose with a good result but still things didnt improve. I then moved onto Soy and found that was the biggest problem. I think there may be others but those three seem to be the main ones. Id recommend just starting with one and see how she goes. I would think that with her symptoms you will know pretty quickly what the issue is. Keep a food diary.

The other thing to consider is a condition called POTS and the other related autonomic dysfunction problems. If she has developed this, which could be hormonally linked, then she will need testing and then help. Im not sure of your financial situation but there is one of the best

I really hope you get to the bottom of whats causing this.

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.