117 days now

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi it been 117 days on 23mg diazepams tapering going really slow. I keep getting women trouble every 2 weeks. I can't believe how many people can do this better than me. Some days I will get out never far. And the next day i feel so ill jelly leg's arms. And the head ache are bad. I'm my the only one who has been so long tapering . Keep feeling like I need the toilet. Front teeth hurting is this normal. I don't think I can drop mg s this close to Xmas. But then i feel bad cos that's means longer on 23mg i bloody hate this feeling.

Regards shell

3 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Next
  • Posted

You are wonderful 👏👏👏😃😃..I'm still on 20 mg a day and suffering withdrawal from Citalopram !! ..these drugs are nasty and life changing ...but ease off now and try to stabilise and have a good Christmas xx
    • Posted

Well I would like to agree on that. But surely after all these weeks i would be good. Ten years i was talking this and had no idea what would happen next. Some chill out pill. Need to be band asp lol. Sertreline and amitripytline on top age 37. God knows what happens when coming off then . Shell
    • Posted

Just a thought..maybe you are withdrawing too slowly ( yes I know it's what should be done)..but for you you are dragging out the symptoms ..ask your GP ..maybe speed it up a bit and take all the sh** at one go ?
    • Posted

That's what I was wondering. But I am to scare to as its Xmas soon and I nneed to keep half human for the kids. Thanks god they are 17 and 19 . But I am going to drop soon as possible

shell

• Posted

I see what you mean but that's not how this drug works, if your body is use to it and some people stay on it forever and feel fine.  I really belive shell needs to go get re assesed perhaps get on a different medication.

• Posted

I was stuck on 25mg per day for just over a year.

I have been tapering down myself for nearly 5 years.

yes it is normal to feel like that. Every time I drop a dose and feel weird I try to ride it out till I am comfy on that dose then keep on that stable dose 2-4 weeks before making another drop. I am currently on 4 X 2 mg  and slowly stabling  to this dose. Keep up the good work. It is so hard to drop off these but in the long run I'm sure it will be wert it ☺

• Posted

I don't drop every 4 weeks. I drop after I feel comfortable on a dose for around 4 weeks. My last drop took 6 months. I was very unstable on my 10 mg dose for a long time but it did eventually stable out so after it did I then dropped  after 4 weeks. If that makes sense! 

So it took me 4 months to get comfy on 10mgs then I stayed in that zone for a month and then dropped another 2mg.... and bam it happens all over again. It is like a living nightmare but I can't wait for the day I'm finally off them ☺

• Posted

Hi Shell,i had been on these tabs for over 40 years,My Biggest Help came from a book by Dr Clare Weeks,who has a Method of showing you how to Deal with Withdrawal & in Particular ANXIETY,she has wrote a few books,but Believe me they are Definitely LIFESAVER Books & are in a way My Bible as it was,You can pick these books up on eBay cheaply,.the one i would recommend is Self help for your Nerves,,let me know how you get on please
  • Posted

Hi another day of hell. Feeling like my body been kicked about. Basically I have been life less for 3 days now. Dizziness can't eat. Can't believe how quickly this drug knock you for 6. Morning s i hate soon as my eyes open it's happening all over again. I hate that feeling of losing control. Anxiety is very high 2 day and night. So many heard aches. Jaw pain is this for real. I feel like a odd one. Just can't pull myself together. Hate the fact i got to sleep knowing that I will be feeling that I am spinning out of control. So hard coming of this bull .... off a diazepams it's crazy and mental rd to recovery i hope to be able to do it. But honestly im scared as i take 23mg a day was 46 56mg over a year. But I decided to take myself off them as i knew i had a problem with them i just needed more. Anyway none of this has been easy. Some days I can't believe that I made it through the side effects. Gps need to stop dishing out like sweet s.god help me in the morning.

Shell

• Posted

Oh yes, I do not think any person with anxiety or depression should from now on be given any of the benzodiazepam family, therapy other ways indeed, unfortunatley its too late for us, on for 10=40 years and as one Phsyc said to me its like having a massive weight of at least 200 kilograms on your central nervose system and one you start taking that drug out of your body you actually end up with CENTRAL NERVOUS SYSTEM DEPPRESSSION, comonly know as CNS amount the medical industry.  Research that because thats now what you and I have, may shed some light.  Best wishes.

• Posted

Hi another day of hell. Feeling like my body been kicked about. Basically I have been life less for 3 days now. Dizziness can't eat. Can't believe how quickly this drug knock you for 6. Morning s i hate soon as my eyes open it's happening all over again. I hate that feeling of losing control. Anxiety is very high 2 day and night. So many heard aches. Jaw pain is this for real. I feel like a odd one. Just can't pull myself together. Hate the fact i got to sleep knowing that I will be feeling that I am spinning out of control. So hard coming of this bull .... off a diazepams it's crazy and mental rd to recovery i hope to be able to do it. But honestly im scared as i take 23mg a day was 46 56mg over a year. But I decided to take myself off them as i knew i had a problem with them i just needed more. Anyway none of this has been easy. Some days I can't believe that I made it through the side effects. Gps need to stop dishing out like sweet s.god help me in the morning.

Shell

• Posted

Sorry to hear things are no better ..I did suggest that maybe you were dragging out the withdrawals by going so slowly,perhaps too slowly...please let your doctor know the hell you are going through ..no one should suffer like you are doind
    • Posted

Today has been a bit more better. Doctor told me to stay at this mg until after Christmas. I don't think I am going to slow when you read about other people story s. Ten years I have been taking diazepams and i think waiting to after the new year i will start dropping. Wish me luck im going to need it.

Shell

• Posted

Glad to hear your feeling a little better, such a good sign.  Ten years is a long time so I think you nd your doc are right   GOOD LUCK.  I would not go slower the drug does not work that way, your doc would no that. xxxx

Nicola

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.