12 days post op - Lifting?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

Just wondered what light household duties anyone did around 11 days post op? I had abdominal sub total hysterectomy.

Obviously, I'm not looking to cart washing loads or hoover or do anything silly like that but I thought boiling the kettle with a little water and loading the dishwasher with light stuff should be ok now?

I'm doing light washing up and wiping the table, preparing breakfast and lunch etc.

Your advices would be appreciated, as always😀

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

My husband was great too.  He can cook, in fact he does most of the cooking as I don't like it apart from doing fancy things if we are having visitors and I always do the Christmas dinner.  He was good too with the vacuum and the shopping, while I held the list and he picked up all the groceries.  I did lift the kettle though but not a full one and do a bit of "light dusting" as husband is scared he may break an ornament!

• Posted

Sounds perfect Barbara! When did you have your op?
    • Posted

21st September 2016, so I am nearly 6 months gone now.  Having done as I was told and been very good, I now feel great.  I feel so much better now than I did before the op, never realising at the time how grotty I felt.  It just proves that if you do as advised you get better so much more quickly.  I didn't have any problems.  I still don't pick up anything heavy and I don't intend to in the future either.  Life is wonderful!

• Posted

It's so lovely to hear a positive outcome / experience Barbara. I'm so pleased it's all gone so well for you.

I hope I'll be the same!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.