12 weeks of feeling terrible

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi anybody

need some reasurance please & advice

ive been on 10 mg -4 weeks & 20 mg for 8 weeks and am getting really fed up of feeling dreadful! i feel totally disconnected with everything & everyone, almost like i carnt feel anything, like my brain is a 2 second delay & general confusion

im trying to fight a good fight, still going to work & coming home after to fall apart!!

any advice would be soooo welcome

love to all on there journey to recovery

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi rob i felt exactly the same thought it would never end or get better, but it does we are all different and get there in the end. I Felt a lot worse before i felt better so keep positive and keep going. !

• Posted

hi lynee, thanks for reply, i guess everybody is different to feel effects of medication, it just seems every feeling im examing thinking 'this is it.....ive turned the corner', its just seems such a long exhausting road at the minute especially when im taking care of myself with good sleep, not drinking & diet.

• Edited

Hello Rob!

I been on celexa 10 mg for 1 week and celexa 20 mg for 10 weeks .

I feel very tired and apathetic and anxious thoughts still there.

Its like i dont feel up to doing much which sucks .

I am usually a person that likes to do things too.

I did go to store but felt panicky there and not well. I also been getting muscle tightness and spasms added to this .

Its been a very tough ride and frustrating .

Thanks!

• Posted

hi gsquez

thanks for reply , have you felt better at all?

im sorry to read your having a tough time also, muscle spasms must be very painful indeed,

has your sleeping been affected?

i have noticed my appettite & libedo have nose dived to zero!

• Posted

I experienced not being able to finish in bedroom while on 20mg. Doc liwered my dose to 10 and no more problems. I tapered slowly from 20-10 to minimize withdrawals.

• Posted

hi dubry

thanks for reply

did you find you were better on 10 mg than 20?

im really intrested?

is your anxiety better less 10 mg?

• Posted

I feel more like the old me minus the anxiety and stress. I still have moments, but I'm still recovering too. Most times, the lower dosages are for anxiety and higher for depression. But yes im more laid back and can live life again.

• Posted

that is what my phychiatrist says lower doses for anxiety .best regards

• Posted

thats really intresting, after 4 weeks on 10 mg & 1 week on 20 mg i started yo feel my old self, went to the pub, went out for a nice meal & felt like the old me, no anxiety at all, a few weeks into 20 & i felt awful, 8 weeks on and i feel like a non feeling zombie with tinittus! I think im just gunna drop down to 10

• Posted

hi lois

im thinking of dropping down to 10 mg

i just feel like a zombie with tinittus!!!!!

it was my idea to go up to 20 mg!!!

what do you think

if i go to docs they might say up to 30 mg!

• Posted

remember fiddling with dosage is going to make you sketchy for a bit.if you have anxiety lower doses are recommended.if you are feeling horrendous i would say go for it.remember the consequences though.

• Posted

Need to tsper to 10 if you're gonna drop down. Do 15mg for 3-4 weeks until you have settled then try 10. I went from 20-15, 15-12.5, 12.5-10. No problems

• Posted

i feel like a zombie now, i just feel really spaced out & crappy, im going to take 15 mg in the morning for a few weeks to see how i feel, thank you do much for advice

• Posted

i felt horrible on 20 .i drop to ten .and recover on ten

• Posted

Hi Lois! Im on 20 mg as well for almost 3 months and still not well.

I get a lot of side effects as i noted.

Did you get a lot of side effects on 20 so you went down to 10mg?

My doc wants to go up on the dose to 30mg. Seems like thats what they always wanna do or change or add meds.

Thanks !

• Posted

i had severe headache on twenty .after been on twenty for less than two weeks i decrease to ten .still had headache but not severe.

• Edited

Do Not let the doc increase dosage. Way to warly for that. These docs p**s me off how they change dosages too quickly. If you suffer from anxiety, you may try to taper to 10mg. 20 is considered the therapeutic dosage for depression. I dtarted on 20. 4 months later, started tapering to 10. I feel great now at 10.

• Posted

hi dubry

i bottled it this morning, took 20 again but tomorrow im defo dropping to 15, i just feel so spaced out. Thing is im not depressed, its anxiety & panic that is my curse. I m lucky as not to suffer depression as yet i should say. Its like im too drugged up, drunk on the inside.....sober on the outside!

• Posted

yes rob thats exactly how i felt on 20.strange how these meds work.

• Posted

It may tske you a little to feel better but hang with it. Take 15 til you level off and feel better. For me, I took 15 for 4 weeks before dropping to 12.5. You should be fine, but remember you feel awful now. You just have to give your brain time to settle. Throw in some treadmill time. That will help you slso

• Posted

Hey Lois! Have you ever tried or heardof a med called Buspar to go with the Celexa?

Its an anti anxiety med.

Thanks!

• Posted

yes i took it for two months all i got was more headaches and more insomnia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.