12 weeks of feeling terrible

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi anybody

need some reasurance please & advice

ive been on 10 mg -4 weeks & 20 mg for 8 weeks and am getting really fed up of feeling dreadful! i feel totally disconnected with everything & everyone, almost like i carnt feel anything, like my brain is a 2 second delay & general confusion

im trying to fight a good fight, still going to work & coming home after to fall apart!!

any advice would be soooo welcome

love to all on there journey to recovery

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hey Rob! My doc wants to go to 30 mg as well.

I dont understand why they always wanna up the dose.

I think they dont believe sometimes its not the meds causing the side effects.

I think they believe its your anxiety or something is getting worse.

Im not feeling that great as well.

I feel like a zombie as well and i also get bruxism which sucks too because my jaw been bothering me now.

Thanks!

• Posted

do you think you might be on too high a dose?

im really intrested in this theory, im going to drop down to 15 mg in the morning and see how i feel in a few weeks, i feel rubbish now so i guess what have i got to loose if i taper gradually

• Posted

Hey Rob and Dubry! Thanks for your responses!

I been feeling very tired and just spacey a lot with anxious thoughts and muscle tightness.

I been laying down a lot daily which i dont like and is not me.

It does feel like a

drugged up feeling.

Do you think almost 3 months is too early?

How long more do you wait ?

My doc seems to think its 4 to 8 weeks no improvement to increase dose or he wants to put me on something called seroquel.

I also forgot to mention i was on lexapro 10 mg for a month prior to starting celexa 20 mg.

Thanks!

• Posted

hi gsquez

i took 15 mg this morning, i dont know if im being impatient, i know i need this medication, i just seem to feel 20 mg is too high for me, it was my decision to up it.

im gunna stay on 15 mg for the month of may and see how i feel

how are you feeling today with 20 mg? are you still having muscle tightness?

• Posted

Hi Rob,

I'm on 10mg for 14 months. I originally had horrific panic attacks and anxiety. Do the drop down slowly as Dubry wrote. Do yourself a favor and keep a diary of how you feel. You will be surprised to look back at what you read. It took me a good 7-8 months to recover. Keep us posted..

Will

• Posted

hi will

i took 15 mg this morning & will continue for the next few weeks, its funny i dont feel as zombie like today, im sure its in my head, the reduction in meds wouldnt be working that quickly......or would they?

im gunna stay on 15 mg till end of the month & slowly get down to 10

• Posted

you might get lucky and be good that it works that fast. I have 2 friends that never had side effects. Then i had every side effect and then some. Go figure....

Keep positive and do a journal. I did it in my iphone under notes. Stay away from caffeine and sugar and exercise. Even if you are fatigued push on and walk.

Good luck.. Keep me posted of how you are doing. I'll check in a few days to see how you are.

Will

• Posted

Hey Rob ! Yeah i still got muscle tightness.

I dont know if a side effect or what .

Today i still feel a lil spacey and just weird feeling.

I try to stretch the muscles and try to go to gym to stretch muscles.

I need find a way to relax the muscles.

Have you ever tried benzos for some relief?

I have klonopin but dont wanna become dependent on it and withdrawal is terrible i heard. How did you go down to 15 mg?

Split dose?

Thanks!

• Posted

hi gsquez

oh man sorry your having trouble muscle wise, its awful isnt it like yiur not battling enough fronts already

well today had been hell!!!!

i suffer from migraine with aura, i ve suffered for 40 years with them, i got an aura yesterday afternoon then 2 today one after the other, my anxiety went through the roof, i was at work trying to work through it but my heart was racing & after the visual distortions came & went there was a bit that wouldnt correct itself, i went to the doctors after, i was beside myself, i ve had loads & loads of auras in my life, this one really rocked me!

• Posted

sorry i never answered your question, yes i got a pill cutter, split a 20 mg

• Posted

i also suffer from just aura without migraine .and i always get when iam exhausted .really weird.best regards

• Posted

hi lois

yes me to, i get a very tiny headache after, my friends wife vomits with her aura,

i seem to get them when also im tired and strangly enough when im excited, i can remember going to the fair as a kid being so excited i gave myself an aura

how long do yours last lois and how do you feel after?

• Posted

wow also excitement for me creates aura.mine started three years ago and as my anxiety progress so did my auras.they last betweem ten and twenty minutes.then i feel sketchy a really bizzarre feeling no pain just mental n vision weirdness.i can usually tell when iam going to get one.my eye doctor says caffeine is a suspect for aura no migraines.just aura

• Posted

i went down to 15 mg on sun/ mon as i stated on earlier posts & on tuesday/ wednesday had days from hell, my anxiety went into orbit!!!!

i felt absoultly dreadful!!!!

derealization is just horrible horrible

so ive gone back on 20 mg and trying to level off, its been 9 weeks now & seem to be up & down like a fiddlers elbow!!

i need some advice & reassurance its gunna happen please anybody.

thanks

• Posted

my advise is stop fiddling with your dose the more you fiddle the longer is going to take.dont you have a benzo ?

• Posted

hi lois

i dont know what a benzo is?

im 9 weeks in, my doctor says you normally taper down when youve levelled out, im still bouncing off the walls with derealization. I think your right otherwise the last 9 weeks have been i think wasted

I m going out tonight with a friend who knows my situation and im just terrified thinking about it but i know i gotta go!

thanks for your reply lois

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.