12 weeks of feeling terrible

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi anybody

need some reasurance please & advice

ive been on 10 mg -4 weeks & 20 mg for 8 weeks and am getting really fed up of feeling dreadful! i feel totally disconnected with everything & everyone, almost like i carnt feel anything, like my brain is a 2 second delay & general confusion

im trying to fight a good fight, still going to work & coming home after to fall apart!!

any advice would be soooo welcome

love to all on there journey to recovery

0 likes, 64 replies

64 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hey Rob!

Yeah its tough . Can muscle and joint pain be a possible side effect of the celexa?

Has anyone had any muscle or joint issues on this med?

These meds are tough in that you take it for one thing and it causes other issues to appear.

I wish they made a med with no side effects .

Today i tried to get some exercise even though i have muscle issues.

Hope we all get well soon.

• Posted

Hey Rob and Lois!

Im struggling too on celexa 20mg almost been 3 months.

I been having muscle pain which i do not like at all and anxious and down about how i feel lately. Seems like i clench jaw and causes facial pain lately.

Makes me feel unwell.

I am trying buspar 5 mg for now . I just tried it today.

They say benzos are addicting and have bad withdrawls.

The buspar doesnt seem to work much yet.

Is this worth it to keep going or do we try another med.

Thanks!

• Posted

because it took me 8 months of hell.i say stick with the celexa.abd good luck with the buspar

• Posted

Hey Lois ! Yeah been 3 months of that so far.

Its like im getting all kinds of side effects and its affecting everyday functioning.Did you have all types of side effects?

How did you get through 8 months? Thats a long time to get well.

Are their any words of advice.

I was on celexa before and it didnt take this long to get well.

I went off of it which was a huge mistake.

How you feeling rob? This is tough.

Thanks !

• Posted

i suffer from anxiety for 30 years n never did anything about it.so 8 months to recover for me was nothing compare to the 30 years.as soon as i started to feel well it was a big relief for me .no longer where the walls caving on me.i try five different antid.n the only one that gave me relief was n is celexa.also because i do feel well n normal ,is because of the celexa.i wont be making that mistake most folks make by coming off them because they feel well.no way jose.best regards

• Posted

hi gsquez

geez its a rollercoaster ride, i was knee deep in anxiety early part of this week!!!

i felt like i didnt know what planet i was on!

i was at work trying to keep it together which is so at times very difficult!

my derealalization is msking me feel just horrendous!

i guess its the not knowing, i read the posts & everybody says 'it will work just give it time'

what lois just said makes perfect sense, ive suffered for 20 + years with anxiety so i guess a few more months is neither here nor there, it just gets the better of you sometimes!

im going to the pub tonight for a pint with a good friend who knows my stuff but still im feeling like im going to the gallows!!!!

i hope your muscle tension is getting better and your able to excercise accordingly

thanks for your reply, chatting with people helps me so much

• Posted

Hey Lois! I was gonna come off celexa 20 mg because i feel terrible on it for 3 months.

I dont wanna leave the house lately and when i do go out feel panicky.

I didnt have this issue when i was off celexa .

I get muscle pain as well as many other side effects.

Buspar is not that great either .

Do you have any advice?

The doc says i can wean off if i want .

Thanks !

• Posted

my advise i would stick with the celexa get rid of the buspar and wait another month or so with the celexa.i was worst than you and i waited 8long agonizing months and i feel normal and lovely n recover.best regards

• Posted

rob hi hope you are feeling a little better. im curious could you clarify- is the suffering you are describing referring to continued symptoms of your anxiety/depression or new/worsened symptoms from citalopram side effects?

• Posted

hi haydenm

i really dont know to that question, whether its anxiety or side effects of citalopram, its been over 9 weeks now, everybody says you get worse before you feel better, i think it makes it very very difficult to gauge.

• Posted

Hey Rob! How you been?

Im Still not feeling well at almost

13 weeks on celexa 20 mg?

I unsure what to do next .

I get muscle issues and been having clench jaw pain.I need some relief each day from the side effects. Im not really active outside the gym and got no concentration or getting apathy.

What do you all do to get relief?

The doc wants to go up on dose to 30mg.

I take buspar 5 mg . Helps a bit but not as good as a benzo.

Thanks!

• Posted

Hello ! I went down from 20 to 10 mg and feeling more anxious and unwell.

Any suggestions why this is?

I was on 20 mg for 3 and half months and reduced dose to 10 last week.

What do you do to control these terrible feelings?

How you doing Rob?

• Posted

Hi gsquez... and all.

I found this thread this evening and really interested to know how people are doing as I am suffering exactly the same. I was on 15mg Lexapro/Escitalopram for 4 months and this gave me stomach issues, so switched to Citalopram (admittedly cold turkey) and been on 30mg Citalopram for 9 weeks now.

Every day since the switch has been a lottery of headache or head pressure. Similar symptoms, and equally annoying, but I have really reached the end. Three days ago I started getting 24/7 tinnitus. My anxiety is going nuts as I have health phobia and trying to lead a normal life when you feel so spaced out all the time is just intolerable.

If any of you guys are still out there - I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Wishing you all the best,

Matt

• Posted

everthing you are feeling is from the withdrawals of the lexapro.and also the start ups of the celexa.why did you start such a high dose of the celexa?

• Posted

Hi lois,

Sincere thanks for your reply. The Celexa dose was based on the Lexapro dose... the p-doc saying that Lexapro is twice the potency. I have read here that 30mg Celexa may be too much.

The switch was done with 10mg of each for a few days and then straight onto the 30mg Citalopram, which is why I say it is more-or-less cold turkey.

Ever day with head pain is another nail in my coffin. I really cannot stand much more of it - especially as I had 4 months of hell already with the Lexapro.

What would your advice be at this point?

Matt

• Posted

my advise is to drop dose to 20 .that will relieve some of the side effects.i know that dropping 5percent at a time is the way to go.but if your side effects are severe i say go for it.if not i advise to go slow on reduction.best regards

• Posted

Thanks lois,

I think you are right, and I am quite sensitive to meds, so it might worth my while dropping this 10mg over the course of a few days.

I don't know if you are in the UK, or have knowledge of the NHS Mental Health care here, but it is a joke. No-one is cared for properly here. I saw the p-doc when I got switched over and there is no follow-up and no way of getting in touch. I just have to wait for another appointment to come through. Til then, we are all on our own...

Thank God for places like this where we can count on the help of others like yourself.

Matt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.