12 weeks on Cit, can I still be having side effect

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, been on Cit for 12 weeks, 5 on 20mg 7 on 30mg. Is it possible to still be experiencing side effects. I just still dont feel well, and sweating alot and a funny head, although suffering from depression, anxiety happens when i wake up. I just dont feel like i am improving

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sorry to write again so soon, but just need some words of encouragement. I have had a bad few days, and cant see any end to it. Why do we have a couple of OK days, then bang back down again, what caused this. I am off work at the moment, but try and keep myself busy, although the last couple of days i am struggling to find any motivation,

• Posted

HI Val

Had two quite good days with the morning anxiety not lasting long at all. Sleeping a lot better too. I am really hoping that this is recovery on the way and I dont have a dip later in the week. Also eating better as have lost a stone in last two months and I was skinny to start with so hoping weight will start to go back on. Still have chronic tinnitus which makes me feel occasionally dizzy but hey ho. Hope you are seeing some relief. xx

• Posted

hi Sue, Good to hear you are feeling a little better, I am having a few bad days. I feel like I will never feel better, I dont know whether to reduce my dose.

• Posted

Hi Val

So sorry you are having some bad days. Difficult decision as to whether to reduce your dose as you have now been on it for over 7 weeks. Maybe go down to 25 for a few weeks to see if there is any improvement? I certainly wouldnt go straight down to 20 in one go. I have been on my 10 mg for over 12 weeks and only just seeing positive changes and I am lucky not to suffer from depression, just anxiety. YOu are going through further side effects from increasing. It is so easy to say to someone you will get better eventually but when you are feeling so rough it is difficult to see light at the end of the tunnel, but hang in there and I am sure you will see little glimmers of improvement soon. xxx

• Posted

hi val, i went up like you, 10 for 6 weeks, 20 for 8 weeks, 30 for 3 months i felt better but having some strange days off and on so i dropped to 20 and straight away in the morning my level was found, i felt back to myself and only gotten better 2 years on. good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.