12 weeks on fluox depression and anxiety very bad

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been getting amazing support from this forum and just wanting more reassurance that someone else has felt like this at week 12 on fluoxetine, I also take 80mg propranolol.

Since Sunday I have been feeling as bad as I did before taking the meds, very bad worries, negative thoughts, suicidal thoughts, anxiety burning inside of me, sweats and hot rushes, shivers, nearly being sick, scared to be alone, don't want to speak and really low mood.

Has anyone else had it come back as bad as before taking meds at this stage or give me some advise.

Don't know whether to go back to the doctors tomorrow but feel like I don't know how I'm going to make it through the night.

I have been having moments of feeling my old self until Sunday but now I feel like iv back to square one.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi....You didn't say how many mg. you are taking.  If you have been feeling better and just recently have started feeling bad again call your doctor you may need an increase always stay in contact with your doctor they will know what is best.  Jan

• Posted

Hi jan,

I take 20mg of fluoxetine. Last time I saw my gp was two weeks ago and because I was feeling ok then she said to make a review for two months time maybe I should ring and get her advise.

Thanks

• Posted

Yes that is when I bottomed out and needed an increase as well. Make sure your doctor increases you to 30mg for at leasr 10 days first and then up to 40mg. Be prepared you will have a few rough days again like when you first started but they do go away trust me. 
    • Posted

I couldn't get to see my GP until the 24th April and dont want to see a different GP I just wanted their advice if this is just a blip or I need a increase

• Posted

Don't be as o quick to up your dose because you are back at square one. Doctors are too quick to up a dose it can take may weeks / months to settle with ups and downs for days or weeks so just keep going and don't be so quick to change dose

• Posted

Hi Paul, Have you recovered? Or still in the process? Thanks
    • Posted

This is what petrifies me Paul this is why I havn't upped my dose yet. I was having moments of feeling my old self but not one day when its been a full good day with no anxiety.

• Posted

Yes all is so much better but it took months and months and to be honest it was awful but I also have MS and it likes to join in
    • Posted

Thanks Paul and good to hear you're a lot better, when you say 'it was awful' do you mean anxiety or recovery on fluoxetine? Thanks

• Posted

Recovered but when your doctor says 4 week they are having a laugh it is more like 4 months...... Anxiety, depression, dry mouth, loss of appetite, stomach and bowel problems. Definitely alot worse before you get better. When you think about it the whole the whole chemical set up of you brain is changed and no wonder it fights it until it settles......
    • Posted

I have not had 1 day in 4 months when I'v had no anxiety is this normal?

It's week 13 tomorrow and I only have slight improvements, very up and down everyday, one massive blip.

• Posted

Thank Paul, yeah I've been told to swap a 'week' for a 'month', I start week 9 tomorrow. Great to hear you're recovered 👍🏻

• Posted

Hi Abi,

I have been following your posts and I am sorry to hear now that at week 12 the bad symptoms are back. That must feel very worrying!

Do you know if there was any trigger that caused it? Emotional upsets etc? Or could it be connected to hormones?

To make it through anxious nights, do you have any sleeping aid? My GP gave me Zopiclone for sleeping (lowest dose), it works well for me, it dumbs down the anxiety and makes you go to sleep within about 45mins, and the time before it is very blissful, anxious free smile On days I feel better I only take a half of this lowest dose.

How does propranolol work for you? Does it instantly calm the anxious attacks when they come on?

Thank you for sharing. I wish you lots of strength to pull through the bad times, and lots of positive thoughts. It is very conformting to share and connect here on the forums, not to feel alone with the anxiety and side effects.

Luci

• Posted

Hi luci

I'm not sure my family had some bad news and its the time of the month for me so maybe them things have contributed.

I actually don't sleep to bad anymore I wake in the night but can usually drop back off.

No I don't get an instant feeling when I take it to be honest I feel like it don't work at all but then I think if I didn't take it would I be even worse.

Thanks luci

X

• Posted

Hello Abi,

Too bad to hear that. Totally understand, I am in my week 2 and have exactly the same symptoms you do have. It is quite horrible but I guess we should just keep going. I think before taking the medicines I was bad but at this stage I feel even worse.

My doctor said that in average it might take around 4 weeks to start to feel better. Maybe you should definitely speak to your doctor.

Best luck.

Michelle

• Posted

I have an appointment now to see my gp but I couldn't get in to see the one I always see for a few weeks.

Have you had the meds before? What are you on them for?

• Posted

Hello abi,

Actually, I haven't had medication before. Now I have been under fluox. for exactly 4 weeks and I feel much better. At least more calm and not crying whole day wanted to die. Also now I am able to spend more time alone. However, my anxiety haven't gone away completely it comes like twice a day and the only pill working for me when it comes to anxiety is oxazepam.

The whole depresión came after a traumatic breakup that my body was not able to handle.

Hope you are much better at this point.

Warm hugs,

• Posted

That's good I was still really bad at 4 weeks so that's good news. Twice a day is good too I no you would prefer it to go altogether I feel like that but hopefully more improvements are coming your way.

I am having some better days not amazing but ok.

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.