13 wks post op tvh and anterior repair.. In tears over tongue like tissue at entrance of back wall

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies

Some of you will know me over past few weeks on here after my surgery for tvh and anterior repair.

I had an appointment last week and my consultant was very pleased with outcome and said it was a success.

Today was the first-time I've looked and it scared me to tears.

When laying down I can see stitch line,is this normal and also the entrance to back wall I see a tongue like tissue at entrance which is part of my back wall. Don't know if this is normal or not? I have contacted my consultant and booked appointment but that's not till 3 weeks. Can anyone help out my mind at rest a little and I know it's hard to do that but any reassurance would be great in the mean time while I wait in despair for my appointment.

I could break my heart seeing that.

Thanks ladies xx

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This is the detailed post I’ve been searching for. Apparently this surgery leaves women looking mangled but everything is in place with the exception on the surrounding tissues? Will Kegals help? My surgeon told me to make an appt for Biofeedback. I am not sure if this is standard for most women post Rectocele.
    • Posted

Hi sannystac

What are you worried about?

I had tvh and anterior repair not rectrocele. I have had a very straightforward surgery with no problem what do ever but now most stitches have come away in very aware of the spongy bit u underneath the utethra,when I sit down i feel it move up slightly,this plays tricks with my mind.. I have been checked twice and all healing great..

I didn't mention that sensation last thieves I thought my proff consultant who I trust implicitly would not told me so I'm booked in to see him may 14 th.

He told me to bring my phone so we can clarify on the camara what I'm concerned about.. I thought that was a Good idea then I can point out what I worried about. I think it's been so long since I've been bulge free it's very odd. I also scared that the back wall will go as I feel pressure on vag when I need a poo but he said it's fine.. I do think may be years down line it will need doing,they usually do after front wall and I had uterus removed because of prolapse.xxx

• Posted

I forgot to say sannystac that my consultant is very hot on pelvic floor exercises.. Yes I have seen a physiotherapist and she was very good making sure I did them correctly. I am doing 3 reps of 10 and 10 quick squeezes.. I can increase as time goes on but if I do to many i feel a 🔥🔥🔥 so I ease off. Any more questions hun fire awayxx

• Posted

Hi Welshgirl67,

In response to this concern, I wanted to let you know I saw my Dr today and we discussed this "flap of skin"  that feels firm and like the tip of a q-tip to me, which is along the back wall of the vagina where the stitches were to repair the posterior wall.  In November I had a complete hysterectomy which was done vaginally and repair of anterior and posterior walls due to prolapse.  I was terribly constipated after the surgery, for months and was afraid with the straining and struggling that I had caused something to prolapse again.  What I was feeling scared me and I kept trying to see it with a mirror.  It is a small flap of skin that is pink and moves, like I can push it back up along the back wall of the vagina.  I was so stressed about this and thankful to finally see the Dr today to ask about it.  After examining me, he said it was scar tissue and that whenever an incision is made, and heals, scar tissue can form.  In my case it did.  He didn't seem worried at all about it and said if it doesn't cause me pain or interfere with sex, not to worry about it.  He explained that the only way to "fix" that is to have more surgery to remove it and then there really is no guarantee that it will not return.  I do not want another surgery, as I experienced much pain with it and will just deal with the fact that I am now a little different "down there".  It did put my mind at ease when he said that it was nothing to be concerned about.  I'm curious if anyone else reading this has had this happen and how to best deal with it.  Hope you are doing well and best of luck to everyone!!

• Posted

Hi Lynne

Thank you so much for your update.

I think what I feel is a bit different to yours.

Mine is in the front where they repair the anterior wall they don't go right to entrance this then leave a slight bump.. It's all very annoying hun but other than this in fine. Please keep in touch ok and continue to do well.xx

• Posted

Hi Lyn,

I had a very similar problem at the front of perineum and back of vagina after a rectocele repair. It’s two years since I had my repair which failed after approx six weeks, although new rectocele is lower down and copeable with, now I am in a new routine.

I asked the consultant I was seeing what was causing all the pain when I was sitting down, seemed ridiculous so long after op.

He said it was called the posterior fourchette, and it was so thin that it kept splitting, it’s a stretched peice of tissue across back of vagina.

He also said this is a very slow recovery surgery, I was at 18 months then. He also said he would have reconstructed perineum but it was heavily scarred and he didn’t think it would have healed any better than it was.

What surprised me was that he said I had very fragile fair skin which would take longer to heal, and could take up to two years!

I must admit I have felt a change for the better in the last six months or so, so I’m pleased he didn’t reconstruct, as I’d be still healing again.

You don’t expect such a long recovery time do you? I didn’t.

• Posted

Laura I'm thrilled for you hun. Such a long time coming I know.

🙏🙏🙏😘😘

• Posted

Laura,

Thanks for that info.  It sounds like you have been through a lot and I can relate!  I too have a pressure where you describe when I sit for too long or have a BM.  Although it is uncomfortable it isn't painful..  I have very fair skin and your comment made me wonder if us fair skinned girls heal differently or have a propensity toward scar tissue.  Crazy how different we all are.  I won't have any repair after all this, I found this surgery to be difficult and I think I can live with the results.  It was encouraging to hear that as time went by you felt better and things seemed to heal even though it took quite a while.  Thank you again. 

• Posted

I would give it longer, I’m still heading, can’t sit for too long without burning pai, but it’s way better. Yes he said that fragile fair skin tears easily and can split. Also he told me to use Sudocreme, the baby cream, so I use at bedtime every night after shower.

I wouldn’t want to go through it again. It is a hard surgery.

• Posted

It is a long time, I had my surgery at the same time as your original one!xxx
    • Posted

I don't think we have sudocreme here in the US?  I haven't heard of it.  Did you just put it on the perineum or actually inside?  Just curious. 

• Posted

Oh yes hun. Dont remind me of that Surgery.I'm still paying for that and didn't have nothing to show. My proff consultant now is fabulous.I'm sure he will reassure me on Monday. He is such a wonderful person and professional I everything he does.. I'll take a bottle of wine to say thanks😋

I've come to the point now that we will never be the same as pre births and menopause😑

Xxx

• Posted

Pure virgin coconut oil is fab. Do you have that at hone.so natural and healing xx
    • Posted

It might be known as Sudo in the US, basically it's a white water resistant nappy/diaper rash cream. If it's safe for a baby, it's safe for us. Yes you can put on outside and just inside, though it's thick and a bit messy, so I use overnight. He also told me, no soap, shower gel or sponges, just warm water, wash gently with your hand. Use a soft baby washcloth if needed.

• Posted

No, we'll never be the same, that's the price for having babies.

Good luck on Monday.x.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.