13 wks post op tvh and anterior repair.. In tears over tongue like tissue at entrance of back wall

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies

Some of you will know me over past few weeks on here after my surgery for tvh and anterior repair.

I had an appointment last week and my consultant was very pleased with outcome and said it was a success.

Today was the first-time I've looked and it scared me to tears.

When laying down I can see stitch line,is this normal and also the entrance to back wall I see a tongue like tissue at entrance which is part of my back wall. Don't know if this is normal or not? I have contacted my consultant and booked appointment but that's not till 3 weeks. Can anyone help out my mind at rest a little and I know it's hard to do that but any reassurance would be great in the mean time while I wait in despair for my appointment.

I could break my heart seeing that.

Thanks ladies xx

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Welshgirl,

After my TVH in 2014, I healed with tissue that sounded similar - when I asked about it - the doctor said it was kind of like a skin tag.  I’m not sure that was right or not - but I do know that it bothered me mentally.  Enough that I asked my uro/gyn if she planned to “clean that ragged looking tissue up” - during the A&P, which she said she would.  I have no idea at this point what everything will end up looking like down there as I am just 31 days post.  I am really sorry that you are going through this as I understand it is upsetting.  Glad you have the appt. with the consultant.  Maybe part of our f/u should include a look with a mirror so we can ask these questions in real time - I hate that you are having to wait for 3 weeks!

• Posted

Yes Ed your right we should be given a mirror 😋😋😋😋

It's hard to describe but husband entrance to back wall and look thick like the end of a 😝 tongue. I'm sure it's normal but I need him to tell me that. My professor consultant is so busy and it's private clinic.. I'm hoping he can fit me in after his clinic next Monday. Do you get what I described.xx

• Posted

I had posterior repair 7 months ago and I have similar. My surgeon explained that the stitches form scar tissue that strengthens the back wall so that bowel is supported. That is why tissue is now thicker. Also  in the early weeks any activity can cause tissue to swell. 

Try not to worry. As long as the function is ok.

Be patient and try not too worry.

I am now 2weeks our after anterior repair. Not so hard a recovery from this surgery.

• Posted

Thanks hun.. I've not had any posterior repair so I guess it's just normal for me after so long having a bulge pressing down on back wall.

I have no bulge just the back wall entrance looks quite thick lol. May be hymen remnants,I will soon know in 3 wks.. I'll be taking my phone and show him what is concerning me lol.xx

• Posted

You have had a lot done in 7 months love haven't you? I do hope you heal completely.

I just can't understand why they don't do the 2 together to save us the long recovery t ime.

I guess they have reasons for that.

Has your recovery been easy this time round?x

• Posted

I had a very small cystocele before rectocele repair. When rectocele was fixed there was no where for bladder to rest so it came down. Don’t think I would have coped so well with back and front together.  Doing better with anterior repair than the posterior.

Think I would have been better if I hadn’t checked to see how it looked.

I panicked several times after using a mirror!  Plays havoc with ones emotions. I was back to walking 4 to 5 km per day  6 months after first repair.

Just could feel a soreness and pressure on the urethra due to cystocele. Immediately after surgery I was fine but then day three I was sore again but no real pain. Resting a lot and have started short walks now but still anxious that it all may come down again. Sure your doctor will reassure you when you see him (or her).

• Posted

Oh blimey it does your head in especially when you look with a mirror.. Don't know what I expected to see lo!. I'm not looking again but can't wait for my appointment may 16th.. He is confident all is fine so I'm just panicking I think.

Did you have any concerns when you got out the mirror.x

• Posted

Absolutely. My surgeon -a female- smiled and told me not to look again!! But I did. It’s really not a good idea since it takes many months for everything to settle down.

• Posted

Absolutely love.. My consultant told me on my next visit to bring my phone so he can use the camara and go over what it is in concerned about.. I thought that was a very good idea a s then I can point out my worry.. I believe a mirror should be part of our follow up.. Are you doing pelvic floor exercises yet? Do you have any sensations of fullness in the vagina at all love? I still feel very much aware of vagina and hope it will pass soon.

I am now looking for a new job where I'm sitting down but it proving difficult.. I'm scared to do a job where I'm standing a lot? Any thoughts on this love?xx

• Posted

Fortunately I don’t have the problem of returning to work at my age. Many women on these threads have though. Maybe they could help. Most say that surgeons time lines are much too short. 
    • Posted

Your lucky hun 😁😁😁 yes I agree about recovery times,way to unrealistic.. I feel 12 wks is a really good time.xx

• Posted

Hi, hopefully your urogynaewill reassure when you get to see them. I also was concerned when things didn't look as pretty as I would have liked a few weeks post op. I could see (and still can some times) what seemed to be a bulge, but to be fair it wasn't 'behaving' or 'misbehaving'! like the rectocele, cystocele and uterus prolapse prior surgery. My urogynae explained that what I was left with was normal vaginal laxity/loose skin. He explained that had he taken everything away and given me an tight inside vagina, no loose skin etc it would have risked the vagina being too short and too narrow to be comfortable for intercourse/exercise etc. Pleased to say that after now 6 months post surgery, I feel fine and am comfortable with what I am left with, all functioning properly and only somebody peering up there with a miners helmet and lamp is going to see what I can see and thayt isn't going to happen! Good luck x

• Posted

Hi redhead

You made me laugh lol. So right though,as long as we got no bulges that's all we should care about. Did You have tvh for prolapse like me?

I'm sure my professor consultant would of definitely told me when I saw him 2 wks ago but I will g o see him may 14 th and show him what I was worried about.. It's probably the me that's always been but prolapse was in way lol.xx

• Posted

Hi, I had this same surgery six months ago and am having he exact same issue.  It feels like a small tampon in there along the back wall, or a qtip and can be moved up if I push on it.  It is freaking me out as well and although I am not having any pain it is noticeable with a mirror and looks like a little piece of flesh there.  I have my next follow up on May 10th and it is almost all I can think about.  I have no idea what it is and it was not there before.  Other than that, I feel I have healed well from the prolapse repair and hysterectomy.  Just not sure what is going on down there!  Keep me posted and I will do the same! 
    • Posted

Hi Lynne

This is so mind boggling. I am the same,so so aware of my vagina. I had an email off my consultant Secretary and she dictated the following from him saying all was normal when examined me and he doesn't think anything untoward has happened since but to bring my phone and we can use my camara to iron out what it is im worried about.. I thought that was a good idea,at least I can show him what I can see. It may be normal anatomy for me but it kind of touches as I walk.. .

My urethra feels low but I think that's normal after childbirth and these surgeries.. Feels spongy brow the urethra hole.. Anyone else got any advice on this please drop a lube on here🙏🙏

Xxx

• Posted

Oops I meant drop a line on here😁😁😁

• Posted

Lynne.. Where do you feel the qtip which moves up? Is it in the front under urethra..thatscwhere I feel it.

It may be normal but I don't like the sensation of I sit down sometimes,it kind of moves up.. I do also run some yes yes yes organic oil based lube around the vulva and entrance which does help a bitxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.