14 Weeks in after tkr can anyone tell me when they went back to work

Posted , 12 users are following.

I have been ok so far not so tired anymore but due to start work in next couple of weeks .I am a bit unsure as to whether my knee will b ok as I will b on my feet for 7 hrs

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi I have just gone back at 12 weeks as a teacher. I am on a phased return and light duties ( desk work). We also finish for Summer next week. It has been really tough and my pain returned. Mine was linked to finances but I would suggest that you stay off as long as you need. Don't rush. 

• Posted

Thanks but I'm the same no work no money. Really should b at home enjoying my grand children if this government hadn't decided to keep my pension. 66yrs before I get it four yrs to go

• Posted

Can't you claim exemption from work ? Will the doctor not sign you off with a medical certificate? Being on your feet for 7 hours may be a tad painful ? Weary ? How will u be of use to your employer if you're not fit or too tired ? X

• Posted

June, I've got the exact same question as you. I work 5-7-1/2 hours, 5 days/week and am on my feet continually. I love my job (Starbucks barista) and am chomping at the bit with this same query.

Also, like you, no work no money. Starbucks does offer short time disability which I of course took; you get a small percentage of your biweekly salary (I forgot the exact amount) & I am most grateful for that...but every penny of it goes to cover the health insurance I have for my family.

I'll be following this thread and  I hope once you are able to return to work you will write about your experiences.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.