15 up to 30mil

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

Been on 15mil for 1 week due to insomnia and depression

Been told to up it to 30mil to help with the depression but I hear you then lose what the meds due for insomnia?

Advise please

1 like, 28 replies

28 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi gavin I was on 15mg for 2weeks then upped to 30 mg have been on this mg for 8 days so far .I have slept ok with both had best night ever last night so everything crossed that it will carry on.
  • Posted

Hi, I was upped to 30 for the same reason as you. I have to say, so far (after nearly two months) it still helps me to sleep. Hope it helps you too

Kirsty

• Posted

Kirsty has it helped depression as I have had both insomnia and depression + anxiety I have felt some brief relief hoping it will continue having more up days than down .
    • Posted

It has! At first the anxiety felt more heightened but I was assured that would pass and it did. With Mirt I definitely have more up days than down. At one point I couldn't even leave my house... now I'm back to marathon training! I know lots of people are a bit wary about this med, but it really has helped me

Kirsty

• Posted

Thankyou Kirsty for your reply giving me hope really appreciated I do fully understand about leaving the house , at the moment I am still off work tried going back half days but anxiety was too much doc signed me off until meds take hold. Again thank you 
    • Posted

Hi  Dawn.You might want to try spliting it to 15mil at night and 15mil in the morning to help with your depression during the day.I did and it helps.You might feel a little foggy at first but as your body adjusts that will ease,but at least you won't be depressed as much.Check with the psy/doc to make sure it's okay.Mine was hesitant but I told her I'm more depressed when I 'm awake(ha,ha!).God Bless,Bob

• Posted

Thank you for your reply will definitely consider this as I do find it hard during the day thankyou
  • Posted

Hi Gavin

What came first, the insomnia or the depression?  I only ask because sometimes, if 15mg helps with the insomnia - it might therefore help with the depression, do you see what I mean?

I took Mirt for insomnia, which lead to anxiety, which then lead to depression ... vicious circle.  I took 15mg - had I have known 7.5 mg would have helped me just as much I would have just took that.  Then it would have been easier to discontinue also  smile  

I never took 30mg so I can't answer personally, some people go to 30mg and get anxiety, so maybe step up gently if you are going to go up, say to 22.5 mg for 2 weeks, then up again.  Be mindful that one day you may want to come off though, and the higher you go the longer it may take.

Wiishing you well.

• Posted

Hi Gavin.I just went from 15 up to 30 mil 2 weeks ago.Psy wanted me to take all 30mg at night but I split it to 15mil at night and 15mil in the morning so my depression would be better managed during the day,since it effects me in the sense I have IBS.The 15mil during the day helps.I did feel a little foggy at first but have adjusted to it.I am sleeping fine at night now that I have started to stabalize on the dosage.I would say see how you are a week from now.That will give time for your body to start to adjust to the meds.Good Luck and God Bless You,Bob
    • Posted

No sleep last night until I took a zoplicone

Advice needed

Should I stick to 30mil at night or split it to 15 at night and 15 in the morning

Please bear in mind I work in the day and get my two children up and off to school

• Posted

Hi Gavin.It depends how long you've been on it.I think from your original post it's only been a little over a week.Psy wanted me to increase from 15mil to 30 mil,all at night but I split 15mil as stated earlier so it wpuld help with depression during the day and I'm still sleeping pretty good at night(6-7 hours with waking up for the bathroom once a night,sometimes twice).Been on the 15mil at night for about 6-7 weeks and added the 15mil during the day a week ago.I also take Gabipetin for IBS pain(Nerve blocker) 200mg in the morning and 200 mg at night.Don't know what Zoplicone is.I'm assuming it is a sleep aid.What other meds do you take and for what? You might just have to give Mirt time  to adjust in your body.However,unfortunately everyone reacts differently so you'll probably have to wait a couple weeks and see.God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Hi gavin I have only been on 2 weeks at 15 mg and 9 days on 30 mg .l am waking up for toilet break once during the night then about 6 o'clock .l understand how frustrating it is not to have sleep especially when depressed hang in there l like yourself need more time for the meds to work .WE CAN DO THIS keep well xxx

• Posted

Thanks guys

I am also having these crying fits where I can't see light at the end of the tunnel and thinking that my life is over and that my family will leave me behind. Been on it two weeks at 15 and just 2 days at 30

Bit scared to be honest

• Posted

Believe me l have been there earlier this year I was crying wreck to it WILL get better l know it is hard give the meds time to kick in it does say 2 to 4 weeks I am on day 9  at 30mg just feeling something is kicking in not crying now feeling more positive and you will to try to be patient that is not said lightly I know patience is easy to say and hard to do ,but you are strong this only effects the strong you know take care and god bless we are all in this together you are not alone now you have found this forum xx

• Posted

Thanks for this. I have 2 small children and I am having these thoughts about ending it all. Not they I would. I couldn't. But I cry to my partner telling her how I am feeling and it must be awful for her. It's just us. No family/ mums/ dads to help

• Posted

I do feel your pain gavin but stick in there my friend it does get better you have a lovely partner that is there beside you all the way and as you say two lovely kids .you are your family all you need .god bless 
    • Posted

Dawn can I ask what type of depression due u have and did u get the dark thoughts? I feel as if I am in bubble and can't get out?

Ps... I have been diagnosed with ptsd but to me it seems more of a nervous breakdown

• Posted

Hi Gavin.Hang in there!! Whatever you do don't leave your children behind.About 2 months ago before my med switch I laid on the sofa for basically 5 straight days and nights staring into space,no TV,no contact with anyone(I live alone).I did alot of talking to God and asking Him to take me if I couldn't get out of this pit.I'm slowly get out with the help of God,family and friends,muliple docs and meds.I stil have "dark "periods but I am doing better.Might I suggest getting a counselor you can talk to.Not a psy but a counselor/therapist.I have a wonderful lady I've been going to for years and we are more like friends than Patient/counselor.She gives me many ideas to help and I do some and some I don't,but the key is to keep your mind occupied and yourself occupied doing something and even though you may not feel like it, seeing people like friends and family.Will be praying for you!God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Yes gavin I had and still have dark thoughts also ptsd I am seeing a cognitive behaviour therapist which is helping giving me suggestion how to deal with the anxiety I have moved onto low moods this week which we did not complete today but will continue next week you can refer yourself your doctors surgery will have details .I did pay private at first as there was a waiting period but to be fair it was only about three weeks before I was seen.then I swapped over to NHS .I do know what you mean about being in a bubble .we are here for you as you are for me .god bless gavin hang in there you are in my prayers x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.