15 weeks from tkr

Posted , 12 users are following.

I am 15 weeks out from rtkr.

?I still have a problem with my bend, it's still about 120. Also can't stand for very long before knee tightens up.

?I have a problem with shopping, with walking and stopping every few feet and starting over again make me hurt and get stiff for rest of the day. Yet I can walk 1 1/2 miles every day with no problem. Just gets frustrating

?I know my muscles are still weak around the knee. Going down my steps I can only go down them 3 times before the little muscle at top of knee hurts and gets very tender. Otherwise I can do the stairs fine.

Just slacked off on some of my excesses except walking, stationary bike, heel raises and squats

I do stretch my knee back throughout the day

Anyone else having problems like mine? 

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Everyone for the advice.

Now I got more work to do. This is not an easy recovery It does take patience ans work

• Posted

I too  am 14 weeks out and upon going back to work (standing of course) I have developed severe pain in the area above my knee cap on the outside of the knee. After making great progress for 11 weeks I feel like I have taken a big step backwards. Standing up , going downstairs, and extended walks are now excruciatingly painful. 
    • Posted

I also have the pain just above my knee cap. And have a painful spot on the inside of knee.

Standing is still a issue for me. Can't stand for a few minutes before knee gets that tight band around it.

Going down steps isn't much of problem. That little muscle above knee cap hurts when I go down steps a lot. Our muscle are still weak. Remember it takes a year or more for this recovery.

I am retired so I don't have to worry about being on feet all day. Wish I can do that.

• Posted

Ronnnie,

I am at the same point you are.  Had an ultrasound as I had mnifelike pains in calf at 10 weeks.  I have a Seroma on back of leg and fluid on my knee.  My doctor said he was calling a specialty pharmacy to get me a pain rub.  My insurance would not pay for it so instead they sent me diflonec and anabolic steroid called closibol.  I tried it once and I had immediate stomach pains and nausea.  When I realized that the medication was not a nonsteroidal medication I knew why I was so ill.  I called my doctors office as I was suffering from extreme knee pain and I asked if I could get a steroid shot.  I was told that I could get a shot and come in today at 9:30am at 3-26-18.  I went in and was met by a PA as I was assuming that I could get a steroid shot.  I told him I was in extreme pain.  He told me he could tell by looking at my slacks that my knee was swollen.  He told me I could not have arthritis in my knee as it was replaced.  I told him K was better in February when I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection but now I was no longer on medication and my knee was killing me.  He said he was sorry that there was nothing he could do!  I won’t be going back, this PA did not even take my vitals.  I have a high BP, fever of 102 degrees and when I pressed on the incision in my knee, infection poured out of the knee.  I almost passed out.  I won’t be back at this doctor again.  I am calling the state board of Texas as this whole thing is causing me to have surgery again!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.