15 weeks on 20 mg.........too high?

Posted , 7 users are following.

hi there

been 15 weeks & thought i was coming out the tunnel, how can you start to feel ok then get a bolt of panic that rocks you!!!

im not depressed its all anxiety & panic!

got home from work & fallen apart!

this forum is so good for advice

peace x

0 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i was just like you or worse for 34weeks.with the help of my benzo i push thru 8 months of hell..best regards

• Posted

hi lois

we spoke about this before i think

my doc has never offered me a benzo

did you feel as though you were on a too high dose?.............i guess im just clutching at straws

i go away in 5 weeks and dont want to blow it!!

thanks for reply

• Posted

on the contrary i am on ten milligrams.although i lasted 2weeks on 20.reduce to ten because i was getting severe headaches on 20.but i still had horrible side effects on 10.but iam glad i preservere because iam fully recover on 10.and till this day still taking 10.

• Posted

you should ask your doc.for a benzo for your holiday.

• Posted

Rob, I will say this-I was so worried about a trip we took across country a couple of weeks ago. I was pleasantly surprised how well I did away from home. Maybe youll surprise yourself. I took xanax as needed when I did feel anxiety/panic, and I was able to do everything I wanted, but also gave myself a lot of grace if I needed a quiet minute to regroup. Some sort of benzo is probably a good idea. I take 0.25mg xanax as needed.

• Posted

how do they work?

are they addictive?

do you just take 1 a day along with your cit

• Posted

They are a more fast acting drug. If I take one, I will feel relief within about 30 minutes. Ive taken Xanax for years (as needed) never felt one bit like I would be addicted to them. Not sure about other benzos. Its the only one ive used.

• Posted

i use xanex when needed only.i still have them but i havent taking one for almost two years .the first year of my cekexa i took xanex for one year.i came off with no weaning no problems no withdrawals .i took the lowest dose..25.they work pretty fast they are anti anxiety tablets.they are addictive to addictive minds.and that only happens on the highest doses .im sure your doctor aint going to prescribe the highest dose.

• Posted

I feel the same. Totally fine one minute and sheer panic/anxiety the next. I've been on it 15 weeks for anxiety. 6 weeks on 20 mg and 9 weeks on 30mg. I keep wondering if its too high, too. It does cause some depression because I feel so defeated, but my problem is anxiety. I dont have an answer for you, but I feel ya! So sorry!

• Posted

laura those feelings of fine one minute than sheer panic the next only means one thing.the meds are working.

• Posted

Lois, my doubt in the meds stems from feeling like my best days on the meds are still nowhere close to as good as I was before starting meds at all. Occasional (literally only a few times a month) anxiety before meds has now turned into a daily struggle. Its especially hard to do with two children home for the summer who are too young to understand mommys issues. I believe you understand these meds well, and I reallu take what you say into consideration. Im just in a funky place.

• Posted

hi laura

yeh me too at 15 weeks, i feel like im waiting for the penny to drop but it never does!

i was fine all day at work, then driving home felt strange, started to panic which set the ball rolling & walked in to my family a right mess!!

it just seems never ending at the minute, also when im being mindful....

..........not drinking, no partying, eating well & getting good sleep!

• Posted

perhaps the 30is too much .if your feeing that funky .try 25???

• Posted

Lois, I wanted to but my doc wasnt ready to change my dose yet. I dont see them again until August. Id just reduce myself but I dont think I can cut my 20s into 5s. I tried and made a mess. If theyd give me 10s, I could split those. May do that on my next refill.

• Posted

Lois,

Called dr again. She still wants me to stick with the 30mg. I'm definitely in a funk the last few days. Feels like this is a never ending battle. Exhausting

• Posted

hi laura, ive been at work today & seemed ok, then thought to myself.....hey im ok .....i then started to plummett, pulled myself out the hole id just fell in!!! its tough at min, i find at work i can disappear into my job, its when i come home that i fall apart!

its so difficult to know whats normal anxiety and whats the effect of the meds!

how are you laura? how are you handling 30 mg? hows your day to day?

take care

• Posted

I know what you mean! If I have obligations or distractions, I do better. My day to day this week has been worse than normal. Anxious all day, spending too much time at home, skipping social stuff. I think splitting the dose for a week and then going back to taking it all at once messed me up. Stomach hurting, headaches, intrusive thoughts. Doc wants to stick with 30, even after I suggested reducing to 25. At this point, unless I go against her recommendation, Im sticking with 30.......

Have you considered lowering your dose any more?

I have a trip out of town with my family next week, so Im just hoping to have bounced back by then!

• Posted

hi laura

the general opion by all comcerned on here which i think is a fab forum & been invaluable to me just to chat to similar people who get what all this is about is stick with the dosage, wait for some calm waters, level out before you do anything,

everybody says it can take 6-8-10 months to really feel your old self again so im staying on 20 for alot longer yet.

i find im tired alot quicker recently, like i want to go to bed at 8 pm, kinda fatiqued.

im learning some new coping mechanisms which i used a little bit ago so hopfully arming myself with new tools to cope, take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.