15 weeks post op!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all doing well and almost back to normal routine.

I am now 15 weeks post op, have been back at work for 3 and a half weeks now; getting easier every week!

Unfortunately my Sunday shift was really difficult and painful as I was on my feet for 4 hours including 1 x 15 min break, so did not get a checkout till last hour. Lower back was in agony.

Team leader could not put me on till any earlier as there was no-one else who could cover selfscan area.

Spoke to manager on Monday and she said if that happens too borrow a chair from restaurant and have a seat when quiet; far better than leaning on basket shelf which is not very appropriate.

Had a raging cold, started last week, always end up with a bad cough; pelvic floor very tender was worried about doing damage. Just starting to dry-up now but pelvic floor feels like it's been sandpapered, still feels really tender. Been really difficult trying to do pelvic floor exercises this week, must have weakened pelvic floor with all the coughing and nose blowing. Missed swimming too last week, hopefully get back on track end of this week.

Glad I didn't cancel my holidays now as feel I am still healing in deeper tissues and feel I need the break specially if work is making less allowances. ( still on checkout on Mondays for full 5 hours with only 1x 15 min break, so finding it hard with constant packing) . Any way heading off to Grand Canadian a week on Monday, booked our seats, checked in and printed boarding passes, so getting excited now!

Hopefully will benefit from having long break from work and allow a little more healing, been constantly throbbing sick last shift!

Look after yourself and plenty resting especially in early months.

Phyl x☺💖

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Phyl

Thats great news about your holiday - sounds like it is coming just at the right time. Enjoy the sunshine wont you! lots of rest and a few swims in the sea (I presume you meant Grand Canaria?)

Sad that your bosses take that attitude with you 'We can't' etc. Its really not on is it and I would have hoped they could be more understanding...

Have a great holiday, get that sand between your toes!

Enjoy S

• Posted

Thank you Stephanie,

The odd thing is my section leader had just went through my back to work appointment a few days before where I had already mentioned that I would not be able to cover more than a 2/3 of hours on my feet,

and that being with a break.

Anyway won't feel guilty now about taking holidays when I'm just back. Will chill out on sun loungers on the beach not forgetting those pelvic floor exercises and have lots of little dips in the sea, so much less effort swimming in the sea!

Hubby's doing breakfast and lunches (no doubt i'll have the dishes to do) and we will eat out in evening.

Off for 2 weeks so will actually have a break for 19 days, so that should make a big difference!

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Hi Phyl,

I use Vagifem & mine takes 2 or 3 days to disappear. As I am waiting for a rectocele op it does sometimes come down with the bulge (lovely I know, sorry!).

Have an amazing holiday you deserve it.

Xx

• Posted

I wonder why I don't have any sign of the Vagifem the next morning 🤔
    • Posted

Thank you imnotadoctor,

Glad to hear it's not just me then. Hope I'm not loosing some then before it has had a chance to absorb properly.

I am looking forward to my holiday, hopefully will be able to enjoy fully as our apartment is in main resort so should not need to do too much walking.

How are you doing? Hope you get that rectocele repaired soon.

Phyl x☺

• Posted

Maybe I'm not getting in placed high enough then after all!

X😞

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.