15 weeks post op and still stiff!!!

Posted , 14 users are following.

Well am now 15 weeks post op and stiffness is still a big problem inspite of exercise ice and elevation still have no improvement! Have managed to get back to work standing for 6 hrs but it's a real struggle

0 likes, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm ten weeks in, I don't think you should be so hard on yourself. I got 97 degree bend last week.  Stiffness everyday, same pain on inside n back of knee, also upper thigh pain.  I think this all is part of post op. Mine comes and goes. I do exercises hour n half in morning n the if up to it in late afternoon. I think it may be too much sometimes because I hurt like the dickens after.  I'm always thinking, is it ever going to go away?!?,!  But through everyone on this wonderful site n thru their stories I believe it will. Hang in there, stay strong n confident.  😇🍀
  • Posted

Jenni,  I ice and elevate only when swollen at 14 weeks po....I have found that heat at night before I go to sleep is helping me with the stiffness.  I believe my stiffness is muscle related now...therefore the heat helps.

pam

• Posted

Hi Pam thanks for that I will give the heat a try at night
  • Posted

Hi Jennie,please don't let it get you down l am now 20 wk po,l still have the stiffness if l sit for a while,morning are horrendous l do 20 min exercises before l go and do a 10 hr standing shift too l find 10 minutes on my exercise bike once l have done the stretching lunging and other exercises does the trick,l bend at every opportunity during the day even in the logo,so Pse don't worry it will get there it's just a sign that you have not healed.l still have an area that is still very sore and l think until this soreness goes we have to go with it. Take care keep in touch 
    • Posted

Hi blingbling goodness how do you manage a 10 hr shift? I struggle with my 6 the stiffness actually stops me bending although I do try when I can just hope my other knee doesn't go the same way can't imagine ever going through this all again!

Hope you progress continues for you, take care

• Posted

You are doing the right thing by following this - RICE - "Rest, Ice Compression and Elevation. Fortunately, you need more rest to achieve full recovery. Unless, your PT has adviced you to return working.
    • Posted

Hi Janet and thanks for your message, I'd had 3months off work and really needed to get back although am doing shorter shifts am still doing the rest icing and elevation but not so good on the compression so will give that a go, hope all is well with you
    • Posted

HI Janet, not familiar with the compression, could u please tell me  how I use compression with my knee. My pt has not introduced to me. Thanks for any additional info. Best Kathy p. 😊
  • Posted

HI jENNIE, I have to have my right knee done next year though l could not go through this again so soon, but reading that someone went ski ing wow.

take care keep posting.

• Posted

Hello!

Are you feeling any better these days?  I am 13 weeks post op.  Returned to work one week ago - much too much too soon! I went back with no restritions.  After seing my surgeon today I will be limited to 4 hours a day, 5 days a week.  Including last Thursday I have worked everyday but Sunday,  9 - 10 hours each day. I am utterly exhausted and in so much pain.

My muscles are so so tight, they will not relax for anything, which makes physio frustrating as I do well, then backtrack so far the next day... makes me cry from frustration and pain.

but it will get better. I know it will.  And so will you!

• Posted

Hi bling bling.

I went skiing at 3.5 months post op with the blessing of my physio.

I skied 3 half days and one full day out of the week, but as my knee wasn't straight I could actually ski better than I could walk!

I am now 7 months post op and still suffer with stiffness after sitting / driving but it is so much better.

My knee is almost straight but not quite, however my mobility is much improved.

For everyone going through it now, persevere, it will get  etter and although i am still not quite there, that awful bone on bone pain is gone and for that I am grateful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.