16 year old grandson with heart problem

Posted , 6 users are following.

My very athletic 16 year old grandson had a heart scan (c.r.y. funded at his football club) which showed that his electric transmitters in his heart weren't working properly. He is seeing a cardiologist in two weeks and until then has been told not to take part in any exercise. Can anyone tell me what we can expect? It was such a shock as he is so active.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Aw, really sorry to hear this. I used to play football twice a week and was very active and had a heart scare of arrhythmia. I was told to stop all sports immediately. Turns out to be nothing life threatening and I returned to sports after investigation. So try not to worry, it may just be temporary as they can’t take the risk of him playing with a potatential problem, even if there isn’t one if that makes sense. Good luck. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for messaging me, I feel so much better having read that. That's what we're all about on this site. Thank you again.

• Posted

Manchester United player Michael Carrick had arrhythmia problem during a game and later had an ablation and says that he will soon be playing in the premiere league again although the club have offered him a coaching role.
    • Posted

Well that's great. I just hope my boy gets whatever treatment he may need a.s.a.p. He's supposed to be going on a ski trip with his school after Christmas but he was told not to participate in any exercise at all so looks like that will be off the cards if our N.H.S. doesn't get it's finger out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.