17 months CLEAN today.... there is hope

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

well some May say I'm not quite clean as I am on the synthetic opiate blocker ... SUBUTEX I am on 6 mg a day, I was on 18 mg and have got this down .

I ALMOST GAVE UP THOUGHT THIS IS MY LOT 15 years in. I was coming up to 40 and didn't want it to ruin my life anymore!!!

i can only say that I had enough the days the rattle the not getting. 

So I did a SRP course structured recovery programme 14 weeks going a few times a week along side with coming off heroin and meth.

I am NOT saying it's easy no way you need to want it and have a lot of help. It was hard the hot sweats the cold the restless legs the not sleeping is he sickness and sometimes the other end.

Though 17 months on  Im sat here I never thought  I'd be off either methadone or heroin.

i just wanted to say I thought that was it like I said.. my lif is just starting again. Without that feeeling of why did I do this? Why am I on it? Why did I get addicted where's my next hit from. It feels good and I feel much freeer in my life.

someone said to m choose life. I did.

i have support but as the months go to on it becomes a distant memory feels strange.

If I can do it you can.

Just wanted to say I came out the other end.

if you've read this 

😊 

vicky

4 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Vicky,

Thank you for the nice reply! It's good that you left your violent partner. He was using behind your back? Yeah, I can definitely relate to that.. I'm in a similar situation to that now. I am going to definitely write a post about my harrowing crack cocaine addiction very soon. Thank you for the support! Opiate addiction is an epidemic right now in our world. It seems that it's ok to use opiates if a Doctor prescribes them to people, but using them illegally is looked down upon. Doctors *know* that these drugs are highly addictive, but still give them out. You quit opiates at a great time, too. Fentanyl and Carfentanyl are killing people in large amounts. It seems that dealers are adding those strong drugs to regular heroin... people sniff or shoot it and find that the stuff is way too strong. Some die. It's crazy. Out of all if the drugs I have used and been hooked on in my life, I think opiates are the worst because I was addicted both physically and mentally. If I didn't have any dope or dilaudid I knew I'd be in serious trouble. What I'm doing now (crack)  is pretty bad too, and I will not minimize that. I want to someday be free and not be a slave to my addiction anymore... Take good care and always live life to the fullestsmile

• Posted

hey there

yep i got away from a violent angry man who had affairs and all sorts but the hits were the worst and the humiliation. Two people in addiction together is so very tough.

My husband and I did it together I thought but he was doing it behind my back. Then saying it was my imagination wow I know the signs after those years. So the trust went for even more. 

I left him last year in September so coming up a year we were married 14 years a Nasty man who I thought would change but no got worse and worse. I now have PTSD because of this. I never knew it really affected me till I was out of it more and I could see more clearly.

Yes seems l got out before they start cutting it more. Who knows what's in it now!!

i think you doing a post is a great idea I really do but when you're ready.

I don't know your age but it's never ever too late I'm 40 and still sorting it!!

Do you have help at all?

You've come far you can do it I'm sure yo can do it when you are ready. I have not done that much but know it's more mental than physical so they say?

thank you for chatting

vicky🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.