18 days since turp surgery

Posted , 11 users are following.

it has been 18 days since surgery, light bleeding some days but not heavy. i am peeing every 45 minutes now and am hoping to start to process of getting better in that area. i see my doctor this Friday for my first follow up, it will give me a chance to discuss my progress or lack of it. i still have times of urgency and have to run to bathroom. so i do not know how i am doing i guess until i speak to doctor to discuss my symtoms. i was hoping by this time i would see a better change in my symtoms. Thanks for listening.

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Posted

RELAX....all is good.  The frequency will diminish.  Don't do any heavy lifting or straining.  Just relax, go to the bathroom when nature calls, and let your body heal.  These are normal symptoms.   Give it a few months and you will be pleased.  Happy New Year.

• Posted

i have been dealing with bph for over 8 years and i have been told that the longer the problem the longer for the body to heal. i am hoping that is my issue, thanks for your response.
  • Posted

Your jnsurance would not cover any other procedure than TURP because all the others have not stood the same test of time, even though TURP has the worst recovery time.
    • Posted

Beside the slightly bloody urine for 3 weeks, I feel fine. No lifting for a month sucks.
    • Posted

HOLEP is supposed to be as durable as TURP but with quicker recovery.I'm surprised it wasn't covered. Aren't Uorlift, PAE, REZUM still considered experimental?

• Posted

The other problem is doctors malpractice insurance that will not cover the other procedures for the same reason.
  • Posted

Sounds like you are right on schedule.  I had turp close to seven weeks ago, all is good today.  I have been getting up once or twice during the night, that started geting better several weeks ago.  During the day I go about every two hours or so.  Time between bathroom visits gradually gets longer.  Time is a great healer if you let it.  No lifting or straining is the key to a good recovery.  So happy I had turp, what a blessing to be able to pee again.  Have a great New Year, good luck and a speedy recovery.
    • Posted

were you blocked or unable to pee or just going to many times a day? i was going every 30 minutes prior to surgery. i have been taking motrin pm at night to not have to get up all the time. now starting to ween myself off that deal.
    • Posted

Prior to turp I was blocked trying to pee when getting up at night.  I would have to walk around the house 10 to 15 minutes then I could pee but not really emptying my bladder.  Same would happen if I would sit at the movies or at home for more than an hour or so.  Bothered me most getting up 5 times or more at night and having to stay up each time.  I would have a hard time going back to sleep, sometimes I couldn't sleep at all.  Stream was so weak it seemd to take forever trying to dribble out what I could.  Such a blessing to be able to pee again.  I wake up ounce or twice a night to pee and get it done feeling like I emptied my bladder.  A minute or two later I'm back in bed falling fast asleep.  I finely feel rested when I get up in the morning.

• Posted

I have similar issues peeing at night. During the day I pee fine. I assume during the day also had problems peeing?
    • Posted

I meant to say I assume during the day you had trouble peeing so it wasn't just a waking up from sleep problem?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.