1st anniversary!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, just popping back to say that today is my first anniversary since my operation, I had an open surgery (bikini line cut) for a large fibroid, retaining my ovaries. One year on and all is well, best decision I ever made despite the bag of nerves I was before my op. Overall things have now returned back to normal though I will say that it is only very recently that my inner thigh has regained full feeling! I had bad nerves pre op and various problems post op including very heavy straw coloured discharge and a cyst/blood blister type thing the size of a large orange, I also had a wet area on my wound right up to August that only really seemed to heal after two weeks in the sun!

If I can be of any help or support to anyone about to go through or recently had the op, I would be glad to be of assistance, just post here and I will offer my own experiences, though not able to give any medical advice.

Take care and be strong...you can do this and it will change your life for the better!!!! xxx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Hun I had a total abdominal hysretcomy in April last year due to a large fibroid 22cm I rem feeling scared at the time the support I had from this group was phenomenal and I am truly great full so if anyone needs support I'm here God bless. Xx
    • Posted

Hi Jardine, I also received some fab support from here too and from another group...I even ended up having a weekend away in Edinburgh in November (I live in the Midlands) to meet up with some ladies that had the op last January that I 'met' on the other site...I have been very lucky really, the op not only improved my health, it gave me a fantasrtic new job (through redeployment) and I met some fab new friends too smile xxx
  • Posted

I live in Halesowen Hun West Midlands I haven't been on much since but I will never forget the support I had from this group for that I'm truly greatful x
    • Posted

Wow! We are neighbours!! I live in Tipton smile Did you have your op at Russels Hall? I did under Mr Warwick smile x
    • Posted

No Hun I had mine done at West Midlands private hospital under the NHS my consultant was Mrs mavigasson she was brill it will be a year in April I was terrified I had both overies removed as well so I went straight into menopause at 49 which wasn't to bad have a really large scar but other then  that no real problems touch wood. Xx
    • Posted

Oooh very posh LOL :D

Glad you seem to have come through the other side pretty well, especially considering that you had your ovaries removed too. I was lucky to keep my ovaries I think, as at 42 I was considered too young at the time, I have the menopause still to look forward to rolleyes My scar follows the exact same bikini line cut as my earlier C Section cut so again lucky really.

• Posted

Hi there luckymum and Jardine, just been reading through your posts, I am just nearly 4 weeks post op from a TAH/BSO and I agree with you both about the support frim people on this sight has been amazing, I was do nervous before my op and the ladies on hear was lovely, if I van offer the same support as these ladies did I would be only to happy to do so.

By the way ladies I too am frim the midlands

Take care

Ann x

• Posted

Hi Ann, it really is lovely to speak with like minded people going through the same thing... some life time friends made for me smile

Where abouts in the Midlands are you? x

• Posted

Hi there I totally agree with you Hun. I live near Aldridge. Where do you live ?

• Posted

Hi Everyone, I had my pre op assessment a few weeks ago and am still waiting for my date for LAVH. I was so stressed whether to keep my ovaries or not and it was only talking to the lovely ladies on this site that helped me get my head on straight and another chat with my GP. Everyone's reasons for the op is different, as is everyone's stories. But sometimes you need to realise that actually yr not the only one going through this turmoil. It really is good to chat. Xx

Angie x

• Posted

Hi Angie, good luck with your op, if there is anything I can help you with before hand just ask....

I kept my ovaries, my surgeon didn't really give me a choice though I think as I was considered too young to have them removed, not had any problems really, woke up a ferw times during the night hot but I don't really think they have been flushes x I used to take starflower oil capsuals before my op too to help with mood swings (they were quite bad) but even those have been ditched now, no mood swings either smile

• Posted

Happy 1st Anniversary, where does the time go? I am now13 months post op doesn't seem possible does it? I still visit this site most days to see if I can help anyone, as like yourself I had so much support from all the lovely ladies on here and if I can help just 1 person it makes it all worthwhile.

Phoebe xx

• Posted

Hi hun, yes the time has flown by! Lovely to see you still here.

How is Ian and your little dog, have you walked his legs off yet! I can imagine you putting us all to shame with all your fitness now that you can LOL xx

• Posted

Hi, you have me confused with someone else, Don't know any Ian and I have 2 huge dogs German Shepherd and a Border Collie, but never mind, I'm here nonetheless biggrin

Think you may be thinking of Jacque?

• Posted

Ooops yes I think I must have, it was a long time ago!!! Perhaps you are right, Jacque does ring a bell x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.