1st breakout and I'm miserable!

Posted , 39 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 46 years old and I've been in a serious relationship for the past 3 years. My boyfriend has oral herpes from an encounter he had years ago. We've always been careful when he has outbreaks, or so we thought. It started with my hemmeroids acting up, so I went with my usual treatment for that. This past weekend, I noticed it was painful to not only to poop, but to pee also. I checked myself out with a mirror and saw a series of red painful bumps along with an open sore right by my urethra. I went to the Dr Monday morning and got tested. I haven't gotten the results yet, but we're pretty sure its herpes. I got a prescription for valcyclovir, which I've now been on since Monday night. I've been in so much pain that I have not been able to work all week. I can't function at work when I am in screaming pain every time I go to the bathroom. Theres nothing topical I can apply to my vagina and I can't exactly walk around work with an ice pack down my pants. Another thing is that I haven't been eating or drinking much, because I know it has to come out. I can't live like this. I want it to go away. I wish I could just numb that whole region of my body. I don't know what to do with myself!!!

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

9 months ago I had some bumps and got tested twice and negative but positive in blood for hsv1.  Swab test negative. Doctors didn't know what it was. Sores were present till today and yesterday I felt a bit sore and this morning I went for a morning pee and it stung and I looked and there's like a white patch its raised could be a sore.  My husband has had no symptoms and I got no idea if it is or not 

• Posted

Are you in the uk?? If so get in touch with sphere , just google them, its the herpes association they can sell you cream which is amazing, It actually stops the breakout, I have tried it, Its amazing, They can also offer you a trial of an experimental spray, The cream i now have is called Lomaherpan, Also try Olive leaf capsules. Let me know how you get on, 

• Posted

Hey man I need your help i had sex a week ago and I'm feeling a little pain inside my penis head, it doesn't burn when I pee, I don't have rash nor bumps nothing just the little pain when I touch it. I'm going to std test on Monday but I just want to know if it could probably be gp. Depression is getting me and I'm over thinking everything plz help!!

• Posted

Hi, I got genital Herpes but I got mine off my ex and he didn't even tell me about it. He gave it to me a year ago, I was absolutely devastated when I heard I had genital Herpes. It was so wrong of him not to tell me about it and now I've got to live with it for the rest of my life. 

• Posted

I was recently tested for all types of STD’s and a few days later I got a call saying I was tested positive for HSV-1 I have been in so much pain. I am 18 and I feel so lost and angry and sad. I haven’t been able to make a bowel movement for 4 days because I can’t bare the pain. I’m so depressed. The doctor prescribed me valacyclovir that I have been taking. I just want the pain to go away.

I’ve also been seeing that the first OB is the worst. My dad is going to buy lidocaine for numbing so hopefully that helps with the stinging so I can finally use the bathroom 

• Posted

Hello, I know this post is 2 years old but I really need some advice. I'm 17 and my first ob just started. I haven't gone number two in 2 days. It is the worst pain ever to go number 2, peeing isn't that bad. I'm resistant to eat, but if I don't my immune system will be weaker and I need to fight it off. What did you eat? Any tips? It doesn't have to be anything I mentioned.

• Posted

I’m mid first breakout too, found out exactly what it was yesterday after struggling with what I thought were really bad saddle sores over the weekend. This morning my horse head stumbled on literally the most amazing method of feeling comfortable. We poultice to draw out infection in horses so I’ve tried it on myself and it feels amazing. I have soaked cotton wool balls in warm water and secured them down there with some knickers lined with a sanitary towel. I also found a nappy to put over that so that I don’t get the sofa wet! The most comfortable I’ve been in days, I can even walk around! 
  • Posted

Diagnosed with hsv1 genital herpes 4 days ago. My fiancé gets cold sores and we are usually so carefully, unfortunately he didn’t realize he had a cold sore coming until hours after we had sex.

It’s been tough, we’re both shattered.

My dr put me on famciclovir, I’m take vitamin c and and cold sore complex that contains lysine. Have a lidocaine gel and have been applying vasoline to prevent friction.

I haven’t been eating much as I had some pain in my anus as well and didn’t want to go to the toilet. Somehow had diarrhea last night but nothing since. 

I’m coming to terms with it all. Dr says that hopefully I won’t have any more OB. 

• Posted

keep it dry. i found heat helps me most ,

i have hsv2 , i had my first outbreak and oh my god misery.

i couldn't poop , at all. im not talking about due to pain im talking zero exit .

after finding out what i had ...i got all these suggestions on what to do...i never left the bathtub.

but as soon as the air touched the sores...i was in agony.

i tried ice...but i kept sticking to the towel and it was painful to keep peeling it off.

i eventually got desperate. and lay spread eagle in my birthday suit in front of a space heater and finally ... FINALLY got relief.

problem was...i had to stay there lol.

so naturally i tried to make the bathroom floor as comfy as possible .

it was the closest thing to sleep i got for the first week.

dry and warm worked for me.

but remember your gonna have to keep at it ...making sure you dont bake-burn your bits....

im female so i don't have to worry so much ...as those of you with testicles ...

i am not sure how effective it would be for the manbits if they were affected , i do know too much heat can be very bad for your manbits,

so please be careful.

i cleaned off frequently ...but as i said moisture made em hurt so much more.

so again i was back to drying my self with the heater because god it was so hard to even think of movement .

but as soon as i began using the heater life started to become bearable... eventually i was able to pass very painful but also minimal poop...to which i replied with lidocaine cream as a pre lube for SOME mercy ...and i kept using those hemorrhoid suppositories for the irritated hemroids to also help lower the swelling ease some of the symptoms of the itchy , burning pain, discomfort, and finally naproxen and laxitives. i ate very bland very soft foods so when they did exit...it was merciful... (but not painless.)

sadly my ability to go was the last thing to fully return , and i had to do the manual assistance more often than i care to admit.

but my tummy hurt so bad ...it was difficult to be grossed out by what i had to do.

i tried enemas, but just getting it up there when it was so swollen proved more trouble than it was worth i had to wait for it to be less.

so for those wondering it involves using your finger in a constant circular motion best if done while bearing down... and reclined if possible , toilet doesn't give you the room you need ...so ... unfortunately you will likely need to do this in the tub.

im not proud of it...but it gave me mercy .

so ...you do what you have to do .

you mentioned ice working for you, but said you felt you couldn't go around with ice in your pants..

if ice works best for you , take a lunch pail with ice packs inside...male incontinence pads a spray bottle or those gel bead masks.

i used mine for heat...but it works for cold too.

i hope it helps .

im sorry im so honest and detailed. but i figured thats the best way TO help.

lots of

• Posted

male pads because of the curve btw ..if your a boy it helps contour without too much friction...(powder yourself before applying just to be sure)

girls...the curve allows the heat/cold to be where you need it...but not rubbing.

• Posted

Hi there, im new here too, as in just now to reply to your post. I thought I had a bad UTI or yeast infection until i noticed the bumps. Didnt think much of it until I saw my obgyn for the symptoms. She said i had and got the swab (still waiting for complete diagnosis). Lemme tell you, the first OB is absolute HELL! If i didnt read your post and come more familiar with what im experiencing, i thought my life was over. To rate the pain to pee and poo is not even on a scale. Trying to tell your boss why i cant work and not wearing underwear?! holy hell. Aveeno oatmeal has helped my baths. Peeing on a toilet? impossible. Pooping without crying? impossible. Noticed i have a hemorrhoid now. If this doesnt end soon, im going to lose it.

• Edited

I just dropped by to say, everyone in this thread has helped me IMMENSELY in just the few short hours I've been on this forum

I am 21 y/o and just got my results back today testing positive for HSV2. (my asymptomatic boyfriend of 1 year gave it to me unknowingly, so we both found out on Monday that we could possibly have it.) There is definitely a relief in knowing what is going on with my body. And All of these stories, tips, and herp-hacks have LITERALLY changed my entire outlook on missing work, these weird pains, all of the initial outbreak symptoms. I don't feel alone any more. I am forever grateful for this community.

• Posted

im having my 1st ob, im am 19. does anyone have any tips on when you need to go number two. it is so hard for me. my bf and i both have it his doesn't hurt like mine kinda makes me upset but happy it doesn't hurt him like it does to me i do not wish this kind if pain on anyone. can anyone give me some tips? im new to this and do not want to slread it anywhere else. i have hsv2

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.