1st breakout and I'm miserable!

Posted , 39 users are following.

Hi, I'm new here. I'm 46 years old and I've been in a serious relationship for the past 3 years. My boyfriend has oral herpes from an encounter he had years ago. We've always been careful when he has outbreaks, or so we thought. It started with my hemmeroids acting up, so I went with my usual treatment for that. This past weekend, I noticed it was painful to not only to poop, but to pee also. I checked myself out with a mirror and saw a series of red painful bumps along with an open sore right by my urethra. I went to the Dr Monday morning and got tested. I haven't gotten the results yet, but we're pretty sure its herpes. I got a prescription for valcyclovir, which I've now been on since Monday night. I've been in so much pain that I have not been able to work all week. I can't function at work when I am in screaming pain every time I go to the bathroom. Theres nothing topical I can apply to my vagina and I can't exactly walk around work with an ice pack down my pants. Another thing is that I haven't been eating or drinking much, because I know it has to come out. I can't live like this. I want it to go away. I wish I could just numb that whole region of my body. I don't know what to do with myself!!!

0 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

It is possible to get HSV 1 genitally as I found out. When I got the news from my Drs office, they said its not as severe as HSV2. I'll have to wait and see how it'll be in the future. I have been told the 1st ob is typically the worst.
    • Posted

No it's not as severe and most don't have almany recurrent obs.. W that said, I've read people on here who have bad obs and constant w hsv 1. All depends on your immune system
  • Posted

You have no idea how much I empathise with you right now, I'm currently on my back (because that's the only relief I have from it) experiencing my first outbreak too. I'm in sheer agonising pain just waiting ever so hopefully that as the days go by it too will subside. I'm also on Valcyclovir and it's my seventh day (pill number 5) that I still feel like nothing works. The salt baths helps a bit only when you're in it though in fact it's even relaxing to a degree but as soon as I'm out and I have to walk to my bedroom it's like my inner thighs are being cut to slices with a knife, it's incredibly painful. Apparently the first outbreak is the worst it will ever get ( fingers crossed it truly is) so hopefully once this one is over have a chat to your Dr to put you on some strong medication to take daily so the recurrence isn't as frequent nor as painful. 

Best of luck to you my dear friend I truly do feel for you but don't fret we're in the same boat. Remind yourself that there's someone else whos also experiencing their first outbreak and is in pain too so you're not the only one experiencing this awful thing. Love you and stay safe xx

• Posted

I'm 17 and currently suffering from genital herpes. I first thought I'd cut myself whilst shaving and that it had got infected but the pain whilst weeing just kept getting worse and then I realised I had red spots. I went to my health clinic, they told me I had herpes and I was in absolute shock I couldn't believe it. I got my medication and i can slowly see it doing its job but I've been bed bound for a week and have no one to talk to about it. I have been having around 4 salt water baths a day because it's the only thing that seems to ease the pain, but now it's affecting going to the toilet in both ways so I'm now suffering with awful lower abdominal pain. I sympathise with anyone who has been through this it is an awful experience! But if anyone has any working tips please reply x

• Posted

I am in your exact position. I only discovered the sores 3 days ago and went straight to the GUM clinic the next day and they pretty much said straight away it looked like herpes. It was too sore to even to an internal swab sad I'm waiting back for the results too 100% confirm but I'm expecting the worst as everything points to the obvious.

I am now on my 3rd day of Aciclovir and nothing seems to be clearing if anything the pain is just getting more and more severe.

Told my boyfriend the same day I got tested that it might/most likely is herpes and he was so lovely about it and said these things happen and that I was silly to think he would up and leave me or think I'd cheated on him (I got myself in a state worried how he would react) which brought me abit of relief. But I'm still feeling bad incase he has caught it which I'm expecting because we have been together 8 month and never used a condom once and been having sex an awful lot lol.

Which is another thing that is playing on my mind, I feel like im never going to have the amazing constant sex life we've had so far ever again sad I hate this so much.

• Posted

Hello!

I think I am going through my first outbreak of herpes. The pain when urinating is unbearable I have been using a showerhead to help dilute the urine but I am heading to family in a few days and not sure what to do as I can't bare to urinate without using the shower head. Any tips??Also I havett managed to get a doctor's appointment yet but think I might try and go to a walk in centre tomorrow.

• Posted

I'm going through my first outbreak and have found using aloe with lidocaine has helped a lot! It reduces the sting and cools the area a little. My doctor had said that it's okay. It may burn a little so I keep a soft baby washcloth soaked in cold water nearby and use it after I'm finished.

• Posted

I had sores show up on a week ago tomorrow. Couldn't get an appointment till yesterday and was embarrassed as hell to walk into an Urgent Care or ER. What I was describing she was sure it was a cyst but after looking, squeezing 😩😨,

and feeling she said herpes. A million things ran through my head like how, why me, I feel disgusting! She took a swab which results should be in Monday. She gave me two pills, warm baths and air out andwqrm water when I pee to minimize pain. I've been married to the same man 13 years and we've only have each other. She mentioned I probably have herpes and it showed it's ugly face. I either contracted it as a baby and now it's here or it's just because I'm female and a lucky winner of this not so fabulous thing called herpes. Glad I'm a homemaker but it has limited my social life, walking, doing things, peeing and sitting as it's pressure on the sores. I feel like I got kicked by a horse in my cookie. I feel so dirty and I'm taking this hard. I don't even want my husband to touch let alone kiss me. This really screws with you. 

• Posted

I'm going through my first OB as well and it hurts so bad especially when I pee. The pain is unbearable I don't know what to do as I have two little kids and it's hard to keep up with them when I'm in so much pain .I tried everything from sitting in water to pouring a cup of water over myself when I pee but nothing seems to work. It still stings. This is my 6 day when will it get better 😫😫😫😕

• Posted

Hi, I know this discussion is 2 year old but I notice a people are still active...

I too started with my first OB almost 2 weeks ago.

I havent been given my test results yet but Im 100% sure I have Herpes.

Im 30 and hace been in a relationship 9 month...only slept with 3 people and kissed around 8 guys? I feel so dirty and contaminated!

I know its silly to feel that way, but its constantly on my mind about how I've contracted this, and why its reared its ugly head now!

I was on day 5 of this absolute nightmare before I managed to get into the clinic.

The nurse was surprised I was walking an I could hardly sit on the chair provided.

I was that swollen and sore she couldn't take a cervical swab, I swore (accidently) when she swabbed the broken puss ridden areas.

I was given a 5 day course of antivirals, and some numbing cream....which I should add, stung like an absolute biscuit! I've only used it twice because the stinging was so unbearable, and the relief only lasted aprox 30min so the cons far out weighed the pros.

The pain whilst peeing was a killer, I swear, each time I was almost passing out! Panting like a woman in child birth!

(Hell I'd even pick child birth over this!)

I too ended up having to manually prise my flaps open to pee...and even then I'd end up in tears because of the pain.

I used vaseline constantly, and walked to and from the bathroom like John Wayne.

My hair started regrowing from shaving the week before, and Jesus! It poked and pricked like I had a cactus between my flaps!

There's nothing I could do with it! I just had to sit and sleep in an unlady fashion with my legs wide open.

Salt baths helped...I expected it it sting but I could have happily stayed in the salt bath day/night.

As for work...I haven't been in for a week!

I never take sick days!

But my god. There's not a chance I could have worked.

I told them I had a uti and a viral infection.

I don't care what they're thinking or if they've worked it out.

I can't walk. So I cant work!

The past 2 week have been the worst of my life!

This is not what I imagined Herpes to be like!

Why don't people talk about it and warn the unsuspecting population!!!!

My tablets finished 4 days ago, I can walk now,

BUT the bottom of my spine an butt cheeks are aching constantly!!! It's like headache in my butt!!!

I keep thinking its clearing up, then I find another sore spot.

I'm so parranoid I'm gonna get another OB starting so soon after the first, because I'm so worn out and feeling crappy!

How on earth is this gonna get any better!

I'm hoping to go back to work in a few days but what if it gets worse again!!!

All I keep thinking is 'My poor, poor fairy!'

Someone shoot me!

*(Sorry for the essay)*

• Posted

I hear you. I sincerely am hating my life waiting for my test to come back. At 23 thinking2my life was just find infect...getting better with a new job and that it was just a shaving rash...then turning into a fever n one bump then more then intense itch then sharp pain n burn.... Ive been in a few long terms in time of weakness during single life have turned to only close friend/lover. I had decided to give up my lover to focus on my life and we were always careful about sex n both single. I figure one last time then goodbye. But one last time wasnt goodbye cause now Im officially stuck with apart of em! He failed to mention he had slept with someone prior n our condom broke. I made him stop but it was already too late.....
  • Posted

I was only diagnosed a few days ago at 23....but so far cold pressed unrefined coconut oil is helping along with peroxide lots of ibuprofen. This is a very hard emotional thing especially when your partner was only temp but fortunately Thats not the case for you. Drink lots of water. Antibacterial creme works if you put it on...peroxide....and coconut oil.... I would recommend trying to detox. By juicing with herbs and eating at least 3 tabs of coconut oil a day ...and applying to infected area. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Im 18 and went for a swab test yesterday. The dr didnt test properly so i need yo go back today to get re-swabed 😭

I'm fairly certain its herpes

But Im so confused and unsure of how this happened.

Ive been with the same partner for 3 years and we both were each others first sexual experience. So its not really possible for me yo contract it from him and i have had intercourse with anyone else

We are only young and im so afraid to tell him, i think he will be confused aswell though.

I also still live with my parents and I'm not sure wether to tell my mum why I have been taking so mamy sick days off uni...

I'm literally having the worst experience with trying to do a number 2 because its so painful. I havent gone in 5 days. If anyone has any tips please help me

This is the worst

• Posted

I have the same problem, I'm on the 11th day of my first outbreak now and it's definitely getting better, although peeing still hurts and the whole area is still very sensitive, but now I haven't been able to take a proper number 2 for like 5 days because that still hurts too much. Do you have any tips how you overcame it? You must have been to the toilet by now.

• Posted

Hi there, it does eventually go back to normal. It took a bit until I could go normally. It actually took over a month until I wasn't tingly anymore. Keep drinking plenty of water.

• Posted

Hi nina20149

Sorry that this is 4 months too late

I actually didnt end up going to the bathroom for over 2 weeks. I decide that was wayyy too long and if i couldn't go to the toilet on that day i would tell my parents and go to the hospital

Over the 2nd week i was taking laxatives most days but still couldnt go because of the pain but I think I overdosed on them as i was very sick! It was like i had food poisening (on the plus side it was all out of my system) even after this though it still hurt for another 2 weeks or so. But i just built up enough courage to just deal with thr pain

Im so lucky i haven't had another outbreak yet but im so anxious. Everytime i fell like there is a lump or anything i start freaking out wondering if i should go to the doctors to hit it straight away but thankfully i think they were just from shaving 😂

I hope your outbreak didnt last too long

I ended up telling my partner and after a little while he was fine but we are both still so confused

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.