2 days and counting

Posted , 12 users are following.

Tuesday morning is it! Tkr on the left. Any words of advice for the first 24-48 hours postop? And only a question I would ask in this forum, you aren't able to get to the washroom right away right? So....

1 like, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oops pushed send too soon. I know backslides are a part of this journey. I'll keep you updated with my progress, the good and the bad.
    • Posted

Good to hear from you Deborah and glad that the intensive physio is working.  It's probably what we all need, but I've not heard of home visits being provided like that.  You are sounding very positive, but also realistic that no two days are the same, so you are well prepared and sensible.  Glad you are getting rest too.

Patsy

• Posted

SO HAPPY to hear you are doing so well so quickly!

The home visits are SO HELPFUL at this early stage! They sure did help ME!

Wishing you CONTINUED success! You are FAR AHEAD if where I was after just five days post op!

You are a CHAMP!

• Posted

Good morning everyone. Just checking in. Starting my 9th day postop and besides my boredom everything is going well. 114 degree bend yesterday in PT. the therapist wants me still on a cane as I'm still limping a bit and the doctor would rather see me on a cane than favoring either leg. Looking forward to my check up on Monday to see if I can get rid of these silly stockings. Hope everyone is having a healthy and productive day and wishing everyone continued recovery. 
    • Posted

You are doing FANTASTIC!

I am nearly 11 WEEKS post op and just achieved a 104°bend YESTERDAY!!!

Well done, Super Girl!!!

• Posted

Well here I am, exactly 2 weeks post-op and settling into recovery. Had my first MD appt yesterday and everything is going great 120 degree bend, 0 extension and all the x-rays look good. No more stocking and no more shots! Now to get things strong enough to walk my dog, won't I be thrilled!
  • Posted

Hello Everyone. Here I am just shy of 3 weeks post left TKR and I feel like a new person. I started outpatient PT today and scored a 123 degree bend! I'm managing the stairs, getting my stamina back (afternoon rest rather than 2 naps a day), weaning off the pain meds, and genuinely enjoying life walking without pain. Some numbness on the left side of my knee and some issues with my IT band that take some effort to keep under control but no complaints about that. I'm happy to say that I'm glad that I had the surgery done and appreciate all of the support everyone has given and continues to give. I'm glad to be here to support everyone starting this journey.
    • Posted

Gosh you are doing well, Deborah, especially to be experiencing little pain too. So nice to hear that you are feeling so positive.

Patsy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.