2 months in therapy

Posted , 8 users are following.

Yes ! I made 2 months in exposure and respond prevention for OCD without meds wink my experience is that I realized that my thoughts are not real my thoughts are false I realized that what my thoughts said it was going to happen never happened I realized that you don't die from a panic attack. You don't die from anxiety it will go away it self you don't have to do nothing to control it it will go away slowly faster if you are not paying attention to it i realized that 80% of the anxiety I had it was cause by me why by me because it was cause by my thoughts and the reaction i give to my thoughts it was all anxiety now I m trying my best to accept my thoughts without getting scared and i don't even get anxious just like 7% I never thought I was gonna made this far I m so happy and proud I have to keep practicing but I m happy that 70% of my anxiety is gone wink the best way to overcome anxiety is doing exposure therapy and CBT therapy there hope I M seeing that light at the end wink stay strong people

6 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Great job! Very proud of you. Stay positive. You are retraining your brain.
  • Posted

I start my therapy on the 10th i cant wait. I pray i pray i have the same outcome as you. I did start medication almost 2 months ago and it seems to be draining me worse. I would love to get to where you are no meds involved. Great job keep up the good work.
    • Posted

Your are you just have to focus on your goal you will make it focus on your goal and imagine your life without anxiety how wonderful it will be wink

• Posted

It's the only thing that works. I've made a lot of progress with CBT, it just has to be structured properly.

Just practice and practice and don't give up.

It's going to be a life changing experience😊

Please everyone don't give up. It might get tough at times but don't give upX

• Posted

Yea is all about practicing I been doing this for 2 months everyday. Daily CBT and exposure therapy are the only way out for this is painful at first but it then make us stronger and we have more control every day more
  • Posted

I'm so glad you're making this! This is such a hopeful post's! You can do it! Retraining your mind can do wonders'! You're setting an example!

• Posted

Good for you! Keep up the good work. I'm starting to recover too,  but not quite there yet. Reading your story is very inspiring.

• Posted

Hi Ana , You just gave hope to everybody here ! 

Thank You ! 

You must be proud of yourself , and You should be  

I will try to remember of Your advice . 

All the best !😃 X Donna 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.