2 week post op review

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I have just been to see my surgeon for the 2 week post op appointment. I had the horrible big hot bandage off!! Hurray. My foot is very straight, just a little bit swollen, and just 3 very small cuts. I have attached a picture but I still a light dressing on, I'll keep that on till tomorrow, but once its off I'll take some close ups of the incisions, so everyone can see the gory details! Its kinds hypersensitive on the skin at the top but as long as I don't press  on it I don't feel anything at all. He says I can walk without crutches in the home, but keep at least one when I'm out to slow me down and make other people not walk into me. I think he's a genious. I have 2 pins in the foot and one in the big toe. 

5 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yippppeeee, so pleased for you! Glad it all went well and you are happy....I just can't wait to take my pin out so that I look a little less deformed, can't see how straight mine really is as the pin travels down the side where my bunion used to be!! Post a new pic when the dressing is off x
  • Posted

Having mine done on sunday hope mine gose as well cant wat to see the next pic lol 
    • Posted

Had mine done  it's not to bad at the mo block not worn off yet but feal's like it's started to . where are the new pics you wos posting lol 

• Posted

Great result !  The foot looks fab. Did he said you can go out just for a short time? Do you find that the skin on the foot is peeling  due  to it having been sprayed pre op with alcohol ?

Really pleased for you .

• Posted

He didn't say how long to go out, but I have to go on a car trip tomorrow as looking at a new house, so lets see how that goes. It is a bit peeling, I think that will go in a couple  of days with some moisturiser
    • Posted

Mine its still peeling two weeks post unvailing! Lashings of bio oil daily but not much better! I didnt get a nice dressing post bandages!
  • Posted

Glad to hear that. I am having my 2nd redressing and sutures out tomorrow 2week post op and having an xray. Have you been told when you can return to work yet?
    • Posted

Hi maria its mark i wos told i can go back to work in 6 week's on a sit doune job hope this is a help xx
  • Posted

Hey were are the new pics you promised us lol 

• Posted

HI Mark, well done with your surgery, here are my photos I think they were buried in another thread
    • Posted

Thank's thay are brill looking good. it mine looks like that i will be happy .
    • Posted

maybe you will need to borrow my nail varnish! LOL
    • Posted

Lol i gess that's a hint that you are a girl  lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.