2 week post op review

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi all, I have just been to see my surgeon for the 2 week post op appointment. I had the horrible big hot bandage off!! Hurray. My foot is very straight, just a little bit swollen, and just 3 very small cuts. I have attached a picture but I still a light dressing on, I'll keep that on till tomorrow, but once its off I'll take some close ups of the incisions, so everyone can see the gory details! Its kinds hypersensitive on the skin at the top but as long as I don't press  on it I don't feel anything at all. He says I can walk without crutches in the home, but keep at least one when I'm out to slow me down and make other people not walk into me. I think he's a genious. I have 2 pins in the foot and one in the big toe. 

5 likes, 61 replies

61 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

bourd out of my minde 1 week post op lol am on fb if enyone wont's to chat Mark Wheeler lol all welcome .
    • Posted

Hang in there mark  I , I am not on fb but I am sure it won't be long before you are out and about I am 5 weeks post op and can't wait to go back to work, although I never thought I hear myself say that! What did you have done? 

• Posted

i had the Scarf osteotomy + akin op lol and i am bourd lol soz for being a pain lol xx

• Posted

HI Mark Simbacat here, I feel your pain,  the boredom killed me to start with, I watched so much day TV I can now restore a Victorian house, bake enough cakes to start a shop and of course there is the horse racing - there is a whole channel devoted to that you know!

But now week 3 and a half its better, especially as now I can hobble around the house withot crutches making endless cps of tea. I went to the supermarket earlier ( driven there of course with my family) so tired now

• Posted

did thay give you give you cruches i never got some you wos lucky lol

wen did thay give you them lol .

• Posted

Well they charged me for them - £28! but gosh how are you managing without crutches!! I thought you have to have crutches
    • Posted

i have been sat in my chear all the time with my foot up wot op did you have ??? now you know y i am so dourd lol
    • Posted

I had a scarf + akin oesteotomy, but with keyhole surgery. I had the left foot operated on 14 years ago with normal surgery but couldn't face that again so looked for a surgeon who did this minimally invasive stuff. It is easier but still very dull sad How do you get to the kitchen and the toilet??
    • Posted

i hobble lol with my silly boot on lol this is a joke dont you think 

• Posted

it must be pretty hard to do!  but don't take the boot off or you will be in trouble
    • Posted

wos your foot in plaser i had the Scarf osteotomy + akin op nay be your's wos diferont op lol

• Posted

this is my  heal boot nice  it make's you wolk on your heale only lol 
    • Posted

lol No dancing for us then lol thank's for the chat  it helped biggrin
    • Posted

No problem mark. I'll find u on Facebook tomorrow and chat I know how boring it is

• Posted

ok thank you that will be nice wot is your name i will look out for you lolbiggrin
    • Posted

if you look back threw ower chat there is a pic of me that may help finde me .biggrin

• Posted

this will help   Mark Wheeler worcester uk
    • Posted

HI Mark, there are loads of Mark Wheelers on FB, happy to chat here on the forum, hoe are you doing
    • Posted

ok yeh not to bad getting pain stabing pain gess that's the foot healing lol how's you .

• Posted

fb profile pic now on fb lol

• Posted

Mark, butting in here. There is a FB page called "I survived a bunionectomy" lots of chat on it. Maybe you like to join.  It's a private group.  

I'm. 2 weeks post op tomorrow, scarf  /akin.

I have crutche, can you not get some, also have a wheelchair , I can whizz about the house no problem. 

• Posted

joannyV i have sent a join thing are you on there wot's your name n thank's for the info .biggrin
    • Posted

Sorry mark haven't made it onto fb yet. Had quite a busy day. Yippee!!  But sending healing vibes to u and all the other bunion newbies.  It does get easier!!  
    • Posted

Are you OK Mark, haven't heard from you for a couple of days
    • Posted

sorry yes went to hospital to day had my cast off got a pic of my foot but thay put a new cast on frown lol 
    • Posted

3 more week's in the new cast not happy lol but foot is looking good .

• Posted

My cast came off in the night  had to have a neww one put on today this is a jock  lol 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.