2 weeks on Prozac

Posted , 7 users are following.

My downfall is my dizziness / lightheadedness

I'm 22 with no life. I would love it back. 

Been on them 2 weeks. 

Can you take calms magnesium with it? As I want to try it? 

2 likes, 166 replies

166 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I believe you cant take calms but check with your pharmacist. Hooe u get to a place where your dizziness fades and u feel better. smile 
  • Posted

So been to the DR for a check up she is checking my magnesium/calcium levels Monday as I haven't had these checked for 4 years. As I have severe dizziness. 

• Posted

hello michelle, have had the dizziness and lightheadedness myself but my doctor put it down to an inner ear thing and put me some anti histamine tablets which are kinda working, but not 100 % yet, it's a weird feeling, I felt like I was stoned smile can't help with advice regarding the magnesium calms, sorry, but if you can't get a doctors advice the local chemist should provide free advice regarding taking different tablets. hope you start to feel better soon, regards, David 

• Posted

Mag calms is the drink right? Because I'm hearing good things about them so iv ordered some online as I couldn't find any. 

The DR said I can take magnesium all vitamins ect with Prozac. Just can't take st John's wort or kalms. I'm getting my magnesium and calcium bloods done on Monday as I haven't had these tested since 2011. They should of done all this before they put me on Prozac. Bloody stupid! 

Thanks so much for the advice smile I hope things go 100% for you! X

• Posted

aha I think we are talking about two different things here haha, I was thinking kalms as in the wee tablety things to help sleep, sorry for my confusion Michelle! never heard of the mag drink, but I am curious and will have to investigate wink I do take vit D, a B complex thingy, and one for my memory, now what was I saying?? hope your bloods come back with some answers.... caio the now X
    • Posted

There's magnesium calm ' it's a drink ' google it ' stress drink ' iv just ordered some

And kalms ' tablets ' 

I tried kalms tablets didn't do much for me with the dizziness. 

Thank you. smile yeah multivitamins is food. 

• Posted

When do you start noticing a difference? 

The DR told me 2 weeks then yesturday she said 6 weeks

I don't know if to carry on or stop 

What people's views? 

• Posted

on average I think 6 to 8 weeks before any noticable difference Michelle, bur varies person to person. I would never advise giving up certainly not after 6 weeks, the light must surely be a the end of the tunnel in the next couple of weeks, be strong, the rewards are so worth it. good luck and best wishes, David
    • Posted

I just don't think I have anxiety. I do now due to tablets. I complained about dizziness and I said I'm depressed due to this. I used to go out all time I was in Ibiza for 3 months ect. I now go counselling. I will stick at them untill I get my bloods looked at. 

Thanks David for replying. Glad things looking up for you! X

• Posted

Its all about ups and downs im afraid. Im about to tart week 5 and hope its going to kick in v soon. Have been through this before and tabs worked so will  wait it out. Side effects come and go. Hope u are ok today. smile
    • Posted

Iv lasted longer on these then I did cit. but these still make me shake, not eat & dizzy. 

Dr did say its upto me 2 stop but she advice to carry it out till 6 weeks.

I hope it works for you. Good luck!! 

• Posted

So I had a good sleep but woke up very anxious and like achy. Its happened a couple of times. Will this go? 

Also iv downloaded mindfullness phone app seems good. 

• Posted

yeah these days will come and go Michelle, I have the same achey muscle days then next day fine, and same some days high anxiety for no obvious reason then couple days later have a few better days. guess it's all part of the process with the fluoxetine settling in and doing its job? its a blessing having a good nights sleep is'nt it, helps the bodys battery recharge type thing. hope these side effects will diminish and eventually bugger off altogether, that would be so nice! caio smile
  • Posted

Haven't posted for a while as been trying to keep busy.

4 weeks of Prozac. 

So the dizziness is soo much better!! But not 100%.

I went to a spa day yesterday and I loved it. I went swimming. Massages ect. ( this is all good for you ) 

I had a aroma massage ( so you can choice the oils I chose lavenda to relax me ) 

I also do my mindfullness app every day ( the breathing actu works when you feel abit stressful ) 

My only down fall at the moment is Nausea & not sleeping. I hope it will eventually go. 

Good luck to all. Hope this post helps. 

• Posted

Hi michelle

Its great to hear you're feeling much better. It def helps to keep busy. It takes time and its so hard to be patient when you feel crap but it'll be worth it in the end.  I had months of nausea, thought was just me, but finally eased last week (wk6 on flu). Im not 100% but am a million times better than when I first went to docs over 4 months ago.

So sit tight n continue to be good to yourself (spa every day if you can, reckon that should be on nhs as part of treatment cos does help loads. ......haha if only! ).

Beware of random bad days that may hit you, they will pass just remind yourself of the bigger picture. 

Here's to lots more good days rolling in. Wishing yoou continued improvement. 

Vix

• Posted

Thank you vix for the little message kind of you smile 

Glad the nausea has settled for you. 

Haha deffo agree NHS should do spa days. 

Will keep updated when I can. 

Good luck 

Xx

• Posted

Merry Christmas all! I hope everyone tries to feel positive today xx

• Posted

Merry christmas michelle! Ive had lovely (&fattening!) day with family. Hope you've had a good day too and santas brought you lots of smiles as well as pressies :-)

Take care

Vix

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.