2 weeks on Prozac

Posted , 7 users are following.

My downfall is my dizziness / lightheadedness

I'm 22 with no life. I would love it back. 

Been on them 2 weeks. 

Can you take calms magnesium with it? As I want to try it? 

2 likes, 166 replies

166 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hope everyone had a lovely Xmas! 

I'm off to Ireland today & feel abit anxious unsure why as I'm usually good @ flying. 

I hope the new year brings me & everyone good health & luck xx

• Posted

hello Michelle,

a quiet but fine enough Christmas up here thankyou, do hope you have a great time in Ireland, I'm sure your anxiety will vanish as soon as you're in the air, health and happiness to you for 2015 and beyond xx smile

• Posted

Glad you had a good Xmas. 

And I think so too. I just think I'm worrying for no reason.

Thanks so much!

Health & happiness x

• Posted

Hey I'm nearly 6 weeks on fluxo 

I get the shakes bad some days & pain in my chest. Has anyone experienced this? As does it go? Do you think I need to up my dosage? Hmm maybe I should go back DRs wen I get back from Ireland 

• Posted

hello Michelle,

have'nt had the shakes as such, maybe its the Guiness ha, they have just upped me to 40mgs a few days back so maybe a trip to your doctors would reassure you.

• Posted

Haha I haven't been drinking. I was shaking very bad yesturday and even my mum said bloody hell your shaking. Just wonder wat that is hmmm. I did go c my nan in a home yesturday and I didn't really like it ( first time seen her in a home so it might of upset me ) this is all very new to me aswell I'm 23 never been on any form

Of meds ect. So your right maybe trip to DR just to maybe say I get shakes on some stressful occasions & I get pains in my chest too. How you feeling on 40? My mum takes 40 when she feels stressed but doesn't take 40 every day xx

• Posted

I was only teasing about the Guiness haha, I was on 20mg for almost 8 weeks but it seemed I had got so far then started to feel worse again, so I have only had the 4mg for 6 days so far, hard to say of how its working or not have to take them a bit longer I think. Does sound like a wee bit of anxiety in you Michelle, I would go see my doctor just to get his opinion, hope you feelbetter soon smile
    • Posted

Haha I know Dw. 

Yeah I agree with you I think I have a form of anxiety going on. The shaking & chest pains. Thank you hopefully trip to DR wen I get back will help. Hope you have a good New Years! 

• Posted

Hi michelle

I had the shakes really bad, thought I just felt them inside but husband noticed one day like your mum did. Dr gave me propanolol which helped over time and I rarely take them now unless I get the shakiness back.  I think it is maybe anxiety. You probably dont feel like it but exercise is a good way to ease it, brisk walk or I do wii fit (or wii unfit as I call it). Works off the excess adrenaline.

Yes it does go, whether it was the propanolol or just easing over time I dont know. Im on wk 9 and physical symptoms eased wk6-8 so hopefully will for you soon too. But do speak to your dr as may be able to help.

Hope eases for you soon

Vix

• Posted

Hello vix 

Thanks so much for your reply. It's really reasuring. Like yourself I don't think I need them all the time just on stressful occasions.( I get very bad shakes it started from inside like yourself now others are noticing it now ) 

Glad things are looking up for you. 

I shale keep posted what the DRs advice when I get back. 

Happy new year! Xx

• Posted

Just an update from 2 days ago. I was doing really well. Was feeling positive ect and wasn't feeling dizzy & doing more. And since 2 days ago iv taken a back turn. Dizziness is so bad today I can't even get out bed. Headaches are bad. And I keep shaking. I wonder what hell Is going on? 

Iv been on these nearly 6 weeks now. And I fort I was doing really well? I'm stuck in Ireland so I can't see the DR till I get back next week. I'm feeling low today and cried for first time in ages! I was doing really well! 

• Posted

aww Michelle I feel for you, sadly that's just exactly how it seems to go for most folks, three steps forward two steps back, this seems to happen right up until maybe 10-12 weeks, but varies person to person. It's no consolation knowing that it should pass in a day or two when you're feeling crap. If you feel bad tomorrow maybe visit the local AnE for advice? Perhaps the excitement of New Year caused the adrenaline to overload, some anxiety kicking in, maybe a good nights sleep and you will feel better. oh dear, I'm no doctor ha. Get well soon, let us know how you get on smile
    • Posted

It's just soo annoying as I fort I was getting somewhere and now it's all come back the dreaded dizziness! And even when I'm sitting I feel anxious shaky. I even hold my head cause it feels soo weird I look abit of a nutter even my mum says wat are you doing. 

Iv never felt like this. Horrible as it sounds I can't wait to get home. Like you say think might be everything New Years ect and it is still early days. I hope your doing well on the 40mg keep up the good work. X

• Posted

I do think when you are back in comfort of your own home you will feel so much better Michelle (no disrespect to yer mum!) but I found great comfort in being in my own house especially in the early days, I could'nt wait to get in and shut the door! I think I had an insecurity thing in my head, get well soon huh, virtual hugz (((())))) x
    • Posted

I do still feel it's very early days and I love going back hom. I do agree with you there. I thought Ireland would be good for me to see family. But not this early. Thanks for messaging me it means a lot! All the best to you! Will be posting on here now again.

Xx

• Posted

you'll never be totally alone while this website is here Michelle, it was a godsend to me especially in the early days for advice and reassurance, and to this day I come on here every day and open my heart, stay safe smile xx
    • Posted

Bless you michelle! Bad days really do hit hard when you've had a few good ones but they do still come:-( feel for you, hope you're better today? 

Ive had a day or two really tearful over xmas/new year, think with me its change from routine,  the excitement followed by post xmas blues plus the pressure we put on ourselves to put a happy face on n be part of the fun. Much calmer now its all over (& I normally adore xmas :-( ). Tho I did drag myself to a friends ny party for an 'hour' and found myself having fun so ended up staying for ages (few glasses of prosecco and a mars bar vodka prob helped me relax!!).

Def speak to dr when you can, propanolol really helped my shakes. Maybe a local dr would see you there? Until you get to a dr can you download a de-stress relaxation session to listen to? Try herbal kalms? Even better see if you can get a massage locally.

Take it easy n dont put yourself under too much pressure to do stuff if you dont have too. And davids right,  you'll probably settle down when you get home. Either way it will get better just remember that. :-)

Look after yourself

Vix 

• Posted

Hello vix 

Thanks for the message means a lot. My dad rang the DR for me his back in the UK & they said they will see menf

• Posted

Me once I'm back for a emergency appointment as it's all very new for me. They advised till then to keep calm ect.

I managed to drag my self out to go for a bike ride today. Which I really enjoyed but my head feels soo weird and still got the shakes. I'm glad you had a great New Years ect smile new year new start! I hope it's a good year for everyone! Really do xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.