2 weeks on Prozac

Posted , 7 users are following.

My downfall is my dizziness / lightheadedness

I'm 22 with no life. I would love it back. 

Been on them 2 weeks. 

Can you take calms magnesium with it? As I want to try it? 

2 likes, 166 replies

166 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

hello Michelle, how are you doing today? do hope that you have had a better day than yesterday smile x
    • Posted

I had a rocky morning but managed to go for a bike ride today. And still feel dizzy. But wasn't stuck in bed like yesturday so Spose  that's good. Hope your well David! X
    • Posted

hey that's great you got out on your bike for a wee while, the fresh air blow the cobwebs away ha. also good your dad has got you an app for when you come back, that is reassuring at the back of your mind, chin up and keep smiling smile x
    • Posted

Thanks David. The Irish air deffo sorted me out for abit ha. Hopefully tomorrow will be abit better. All the best to you. Night x
    • Posted

hi michelle,

my daughter is 19 and has depression, she is week 8 on monday, and her shakes seem to have s topped this week! she used to get them so bad her teeth chattered, and it was very visable, but they soon wore off during the day, then it went to maybe just one arm would get the shakes, not her whole body, and week 7, nothing.

as hard as it is, try to burn off some energy when you have the shakes, flap your arms, star jumps, runa  round ina  circle, a quick few minutes, then sit down and calm your body do slow deep breathes, really concentrating on your breathing, and calming down.

i hope it wears off for you soon, its a side effect, along with the rapid heart rate, and sometimes pain my daughter got, once you know its a side effect, its not so frightening, hope your ok today, and enjoy your bike ride! xx

• Posted

I know exactly what your daughter went through. The shakes and the heart pain is horrible. I feel lots better when I do stuff like you say. When your stuck in you think about it too much. Have the shakes stopped for her now? I'm still going back to the DRs because I'm I'm concerned as I was doing so well till I came to Ireland. All the best to her. And thanks for the message. It's really reasuring. X

• Posted

Your welcome hunny.  Yes,  just this week they seem to have stopped, week 7. She still can't sleep properly, gets night sweats, and fidgety in bed,  but every now and again she is having a good night now. 

It's difficult, but one thing I advise is to accept the side effects, don't try to fight them,  they go quicker that way.  

Xx

• Posted

I had that not sleeping! But I'm sleeping much better now. That will eventually go for her. I will be 7 weeks next week so like her I hope to see some approvement with the shakes & chest pains. I know exactly how she feels. This forum is great so your not alone x
  • Posted

So I'm back from Ireland. 

I keep getting chest pains does anyone else get that? Iv got the hospital tomorrow for something else so maybe I'm abit nervous and thinking about that too much. I really hope I can get my act together now I'm back. I have yoga booked in, massages and counselling. So I'm keeping busy this month. Hope everyone's well xx

• Posted

Welcome back,  hope you had a good time?

I had a not so good day earlier but had an unpleasant appointment this morning so that could explain it. Still much better than I was a few weeks ago though and day got better.

Could well be your nerves about the hospital but youre doing the right thing keeping busy - yoga n massage sound fab!(I had acupuncture/moxa this pm very relaxing!).

Not had chest pains but have heard people on here mention it, not sure but think its all to do with anxiety/panic but could be wrong. Hope it eases for you soon. 

Hope coming days are good for you.

Take care

Vix

• Posted

Oh dear vix sorry to hear you had a bad day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

I'm hoping after my hosp appointment and a good night sleep tonight will be abit better. 

Yeah I never expierenced the chest pains before. Maybe I'm just being worried but I will check it out @ DRs. 

All the best vix. Xx

• Posted

hello Michelle,

sorry to hear your holiday was'nt quite as planned sad I'm guessing the chest pains are an anxiety thing  I get them myself, my arm muscles ache sometimes too. A pain in the butt for sure but once you.ve got your hospital app out the way and got your therapy massage etc hopefully they will fade away quite quickly. Good luck with your appointment smile

• Posted

I never had chest pains before but got them

Bad today. Had them

On& off on my trip in Ireland and dizziness back which is crap sad 

Like you say hopefully it will go fade after all

My appointments and I need decent nights sleep tonight. Hope your well David! And take care. Have a lovely evening x

• Posted

So hospital went really well but I had aweful shakes!! I rang DRs as they said book a appointment tomorrow about seeing someone as she said I'm not sure why you have the shakes and chest pains when you was doing really well. So gonna go in for a check up. Maybe they might suggest something to help.

Hope everyone's had a good day! And let's hope the weather gets better soon. Keep smiling xx

• Posted

hey thats good the hospital went well for you smile not so good the shakes though, I experienced them today for the 1st time, did'nt like it. hopefully you may get some answers at doctors tomorrow, maybe you have a winter virus causing the chest pains, good luck smile and yeah some nice weather would be sooooo nice! they are forecasting 100mph winds up here tomorrow so my next post maybe from Holland or somewhere depending on wind direction smile
    • Posted

Oh no! You got shakes too! It's horrible isn't it! Hopefully it will die down for you.

Thank you. Hope I get some awnsers and iv got nice treatments booked tomorrow to help me

Relax. Deffo try mindfullness wen you get chance David for your shakes. It does work well with the breathing. All best xx

• Posted

Glad hospital went well for you!

Feel for you with shakes, know its not nice:-( I got so frustrated when they were bad as id wake with them not thinking I was anxious but became very anxious about the shakes. Ridiculous I know, total vicious circle but couldn't seem to stop it. Dr gave me propanolol, dont know whether that or just time eased them but they did go eventually. Yours will too im sure. :-)

Hope dr gives you at least some reassurance, esp about the chest pains (never had those, dont know if anxiety/panic attack symptom is it?).

Enjoy your treatments tomorrow - im jealous! Take care

Ttfn

Vix

• Posted

Hello vix feeling bit rubbish this morning ( think coming down with flu ) so had cancel my appointment plus I didn't like DR who I was seeing.

I'm glad the shakes when away for you. It's horrible feeling. Apparently chest pains does come with anxiety? But it's weird how I get them when I was doing so well.

Thank you. You know if you look online there's some fab mobile treatments that are good prices.

Hope you have a lovely day xx

• Posted

Sorry you felt crap today, dont need flu on top of the flu!Shakes do ease with exercise. I took myself off for a swim after work n feel bit better.

This whole things wierd, like you say you were doing much better then got chest pains. Ive lost most of physical stuff so should be delighted but cant shake the blues. Makes no sense! This illness should come with the jaws music to warn you "just when you thought it was safe to smile.... duh duh duh duh duh...." haha

Hope this afternoon is brighter for you.

X

• Posted

Haha I totally agree it should come with a warning.

I'm sorry to hear you feel so low. Try do something to keep your mind focused. See I have physical Symptons which are making me depressed. I had the holding my head thing again today cause pain in my head is so weird. Bloody p*ss take if you ask me. I honestly think might be jan blues new year worries. I'm going by that anyways haha! Hurry up nicer weather.

Oh have to look into it smile thanks & yeah deffo look into mobile prices can be good.

Hope u feel better tomorrow xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.