2 weeks post gallbladder removal

Posted , 11 users are following.

I hope this blog is still open. I've read all the comments and experiences and im glad im not the only one feeling this way. I had surgery October 28th and this past week has been the worst i have had nausea, vomiting, chills each time i eat and anxiety. I cry all day and cannot feel better i started taking zofran but the anxiety and chills i feel are the worst I feel horrible.

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes, more heartburn than before surgery. Nausea getting better each day. Started getting better at month 4, now month 6 and even better. Faith is strong. Amitriptyline and Ativan at bed. Prayers to you.

• Posted

I have had a lot of heartburn vomiting and nausea and anxiety i am taking zofran with no relief now just waiting on gi to see me. Because i keep vomiting bile and im just tired to be honest.

• Posted

You may have bile reflux. Maybe ask the doctor if they can prescribe cholestyramine? That would help if that is what is happening. Vomiting every morning is definitely not normal. Do you have any other pain? Yellow eyes? Dark urine?

• Posted

No yellow eyes or dark urine just tons of heartburn and in the morning ill throw up anything i eat along with bile. i have taken nausea meds and even anxiety meds and still have chills and vomiting.

• Posted

Sounds like bile reflux. I would ask doc for the bile sequestrant. Or, try teaspoon of psylium husk powder in water at least 15 minutes before eating. If cholestyramine provides relief, then its definitely bile reflux.

• Posted

Im going to try the psylium husk i dont have an appt with gi till december 20th amd i feel horrid. And a lot of chills and everything all together just gives me anxiety.

• Posted

Good grief. I know it takes a while to get in with these docs at times. I had an appointment in March and am in so much pain too. I called and asked if they had any cancellations and they did and were able to get me in much quicker. Maybe try that too. Will pray for you.

• Posted

I called for a cancelation and just started taking pepcid for the reflux and has helped a little but i still have the chills and anxiety and just feel so fatigued all day. Hopefully i can get in sooner.

• Posted

Hello, I had my surgery on November 10th. since then, i have had nausea, abdominal pain, chest pain, anxiety, dizziness, bathroom issues and no appetite. essentially, the same symptoms as before the surgery, but not as severe. I went to the surgeon on Wednesday and he wants me to have an endoscopy to see if I have stones blocking a duct, tumors or ulcers. my pain isn't enough to need opioide painkillers, but the other symptoms are worrying. at the moment, I'm having trouble breathing, I'm nauseous and I'm having random pains on both sides of my abdomen. I have a doctor's note excusing me from work for three weeks. I do take medication for anxiety, depression and sleep issues.

• Posted

Going through the same my gi ordered a endoscopy and ct scan because they think there is still a stone stuck in my bile duct or that they could have touched something during procedure. As of now taking pepcid and nausea meds and anxiety meds cause everything has gone down hill but i read all the comments and it seems like this is a long recovery so just have to wait and pray that this gets better will pray for you.

• Posted

do you knew how many gallstones you've had I've seen loads of bad things about this surgery and how long did you have to wait I've been told I've got multiple gallstones and still awaiting for my surgery

• Posted

Unfortunately gallbladder issues aren't the doctors top priority. People are not rushed into surgery. We just sit and suffer. Very sad. As for me I got real sick a few months after surgery. Rushed into the ER and was scanned and found a stone stuck in the common bile duct. To resolve my issue I had an ERCP to fish the stone out. OUCH not fun. After a couple of weeks in hospital I went home to recover. Now I am doing great. Hope You The Best.

• Posted

No they never told me all i was told is it had to come out because of stones and sludge.

• Posted

it sounds like both of us may have stones blocking a duct. Are you having any issues with constipation? I'm taking Seconot pills, but continue to have issues. Do you work outside of the home? I'm nervous about going back to work next week. I spend much time laying in bed resting.

• Posted

yes. you don't feel a thing. But you might experience a lot of pain like I did after the ERCP.

• Posted

How long did you have to be hospitalized? I'm so sorry that it was so painful for you. I have pain now, but I'm afraid to take my pain medication.

• Posted

I start work on the 9th and am so worried because i dont feel like i can right now im tired and anxious and yes constipation these last two day i have been taking psylium husk but no relief unfortunately.

• Posted

Pain like gb surgery pain? Ugh i feel like they fix one thing and ruin another!

• Posted

yes you go through a lot of pain. That is our option. Go through the pain it only lasts up to 2 months to feel better. I'm happy now. Everyone who has an ERCP will contract pancreatitis.

• Posted

I was hospitalized for a week and a half. They took real good care of me. I felt like a king in pain lol. Was sent home with pain meds. Please don't be afraid of pain meds. Why are you reluctant to take them.

• Posted

Why? Because you have been scraped inside your intestine. They have to fish the stone out. The pain is worse than gallbladder surgery. Sorry. It took A week and a half to control the pain. That's why and they watch you because of serious complications. Like internal bleeding or blood clots.

• Posted

I think it's too soon to go back to work. You need at least a good 2 to 3 months to be stable. You cannot bend or stretch. Just be careful. You might injure yourself. Take it easy. You had major surgery.

• Posted

Thats horrible. They are waiting on cr scan to see if i have a stone. But im even more worried now. I am just in pain, nausea and anxiety i hope this goes away soon. If not it looks like i wont be able to go to work.

• Posted

They gave me norco i only took it for a week and then got off it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.