2 weeks post gallbladder removal

Posted , 11 users are following.

I hope this blog is still open. I've read all the comments and experiences and im glad im not the only one feeling this way. I had surgery October 28th and this past week has been the worst i have had nausea, vomiting, chills each time i eat and anxiety. I cry all day and cannot feel better i started taking zofran but the anxiety and chills i feel are the worst I feel horrible.

0 likes, 57 replies

Report / Delete

57 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Yes, more heartburn than before surgery. Nausea getting better each day. Started getting better at month 4, now month 6 and even better. Faith is strong. Amitriptyline and Ativan at bed. Prayers to you.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

You may have bile reflux. Maybe ask the doctor if they can prescribe cholestyramine? That would help if that is what is happening. Vomiting every morning is definitely not normal. Do you have any other pain? Yellow eyes? Dark urine?

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No yellow eyes or dark urine just tons of heartburn and in the morning ill throw up anything i eat along with bile. i have taken nausea meds and even anxiety meds and still have chills and vomiting.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Sounds like bile reflux. I would ask doc for the bile sequestrant. Or, try teaspoon of psylium husk powder in water at least 15 minutes before eating. If cholestyramine provides relief, then its definitely bile reflux.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Good grief. I know it takes a while to get in with these docs at times. I had an appointment in March and am in so much pain too. I called and asked if they had any cancellations and they did and were able to get me in much quicker. Maybe try that too. Will pray for you.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I called for a cancelation and just started taking pepcid for the reflux and has helped a little but i still have the chills and anxiety and just feel so fatigued all day. Hopefully i can get in sooner.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hello, I had my surgery on November 10th. since then, i have had nausea, abdominal pain, chest pain, anxiety, dizziness, bathroom issues and no appetite. essentially, the same symptoms as before the surgery, but not as severe. I went to the surgeon on Wednesday and he wants me to have an endoscopy to see if I have stones blocking a duct, tumors or ulcers. my pain isn't enough to need opioide painkillers, but the other symptoms are worrying. at the moment, I'm having trouble breathing, I'm nauseous and I'm having random pains on both sides of my abdomen. I have a doctor's note excusing me from work for three weeks. I do take medication for anxiety, depression and sleep issues.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up