2 weeks post gallbladder removal

Posted , 11 users are following.

I hope this blog is still open. I've read all the comments and experiences and im glad im not the only one feeling this way. I had surgery October 28th and this past week has been the worst i have had nausea, vomiting, chills each time i eat and anxiety. I cry all day and cannot feel better i started taking zofran but the anxiety and chills i feel are the worst I feel horrible.

0 likes, 57 replies

57 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

4 weeks post op have pain and almost a thumping in my upper stomach and esophagus loss of apetite and nausea and chills. Have any of you felt this? I have to force myself to eat and when i do all i have this feeling like a contraction in my esophagus and stomach and just chills afterward. Ugh just tired of this ='(

• Posted

4 weeks post op have pain and almost a thumping in my upper stomach and esophagus loss of apetite and nausea and chills. Have any of you felt this? I have to force myself to eat and when i do all i have this feeling like a contraction in my esophagus and stomach and just chills afterward. Ugh just tired of this ='(

• Posted

i had open surgery three years ago. Try not to worry - worrying doesn't change things. Ive learned that the hard way. Grit your teeth and make up your mind to get through this stage and you may surprise yourself. Your body has been through a lot and it will take time to adjust. Some heal faster than others. Be proactive. Keep avoiding fatty and spicy foods. Eat small amounts often so you don't overload the digestive system. Drink plenty water. Walk daily in the fresh air but also make sure you rest. Don"t lift. Take analgesics as prescribed. Give you digestive system a rest by eating a BRATTS diet for a few days: bananas, rice, apple puree, tea and wholemeal toast. i was prescribed Omeprazole to aid digestion. it may help with the nausea.

You will get through this if you put your mind to it. It is hard, I know. Hope you improve soon. Take care of yourself!

• Posted

I had my surgery on November 11th of this year. I took off three weeks from work and really struggled with abdominal pain, nausea, dizziness and chest pain. I returned to work yesterday. I thought I was getting better as the last week was ok. I dont know what happened, but all the problems are back again. I'm at the gastroenterologists office waiting to see her. I think there is a gallstone stuck in a duct. I've also been researching sphincter of oddi disorder. I'll keep everyone posted. this isn't fun.

• Posted

Same here i went to acupuncturist yesterday and she said similar diagnosnis which sucks because drs tell you oh youll be great in 3 weeks. Lies. I am waiting on getting a endoscopy done because they think the gallbladder surgery caused more damage then help so just waiting and praying for the best. Dont worry you are not alone i felt fine the first week second week it all started again and forcefully its hard on your body and mind but hopefully we get a answer taking it day by day. Glad to know im not alone in this.

• Posted

I have had severe anxiety since my surgery 10 days ago. I started taking Zoloft again after not needing it for years. I also can't sleep well at night, a few hours at best. And tonight I had night sweats for the first time. The Zoloft has helped but I still feel the adrenaline-anxiety, restlessness. I've read alot in forums and Facebook groups about similar experiences and I too am discouraged thinking it may be weeks to months to resolve. It's like my body has totally wigged out! I just try to take it one day at a time. I am a teeny bit better than I was a few days ago.

• Posted

Well i feel like one day is okay then the spasms nausea chills and vomiting come back i am taking omeprazole and hydroxizine and magensium cotrate and zofran i feel at my wits end wake up in pain and chills. My anxiety has been through the roof even with anxiety meds because i feel so awful.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.