2 weeks post-op, help!

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi guys. I'm 22 and exactly 2 weeks ago today, I had a LTHR. I am in a lot of pain because I stopped taking the given pain killers because they caused awful constipation. Any suggestions on other strong ones I can take that don't have that side effect? I'm in so much pain that neither: sitting, standing nor laying is comfortable. Any advice on positions to comfortably sleep and sit? I'd really appreciate anyone's advice. This is driving me insane and I've had many operations before, so its not like I'm not used to pain.

Thank you for reading!

Have a blessed day!

1 like, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi hun i am the same did you fine any help with the pain

• Posted

Unfortunately, I still take the pills very cautiously ( once a night ). That alone has been giving me the worst constipation, I could almost forget my hip pain! Honestly though, it has decreased the littlest bit ( pain ). You have to keep your mind busy. i knit, draw, colour, watch videos and whatnot. I wish you the best with your recovery!

• Posted

I only took Tylenol/paracetamol and I still had dreadful constipation. The hospital gave me a bottle of laxatives which just did not work. It took ages to sort things out for me.

• Posted

None of the laxatives any doctor gave me worked, until I met my haematologist for my blood appointment. She prescribed me pills called: Dioctyl 100mg capsules. I am finally in control and able to take pain killers too!

• Posted

I recently got Longtec PR 5mg pills. i take two at night and its finally helping. For constipation, try Dioctyl 100mg capsules. One twice a day. I'm wishing you luck!

• Posted

i am in constant pain st night it so bad just not sleeping at all i am 11 days post op

• Posted

I had liquid morphine at night for a week or so which was given in hospital and then prescribed by GP. Contact your GP and explain the problem. You need stronger pain relief at night.

Also do you take pain relief in day ?

Good pain management and sleep needed for recovery.

• Posted

Oh sweetheart, I'm so sorry to hear this. I can completely relate. I had my only good sleep just two nights ago and I'm 3 weeks post op. I suggest you find things to keep you busy. Also, try different pain killers that maybe you can control the side effects of. I pray for you to get better soon!

• Posted

hi guys, been following this thread so thought I'd check in and see how you are all doing?

I am now 1 full week post op after THR and have settled into a good routine with exercises from physio. Not taking cocodomol because of the constipation side effects but to be fair, pain isnt bad at all and am ok with neuroden and paracetamol. i find that having a heat pad under my bum cheek really eases the ache. hope you are all doing ok x

• Posted

I'm so happy for you! If you keep up a good routine, I believe your recovery will be yesterday. I am now 3 weeks post op, I'm back on pain killers and trying my best to control the constipation. two nights ago I, finally, bad the best sleep I've had in weeks! I really wish you the best, I hope things just get better x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.