2 weeks with Pityriasis rosea & what i used amazed even

Posted , 22 users are following.

like many other people i witnessed this horrible rash which is so itchy and at first i thought it was an allergic reaction after going to the doctors he informed me it was Pityriasis rosea, which i had never heard off anyone he gave me some caneston to apply 3 times aday which did help but not alot... I went back to another doctor and she informed me to wash with ANTI DANDRUFF SHAMPOO yes i also thought you have to be joking me but she said it had something in it which helped she told me max time for this to go could be 3 months if not more !!

so off the boots bought the biggest bottle off head and shoulders and off home i went !!

Well i know this might not work for everyone but after washing my body for 5 days with JUST with anti dandruff shampoo and adding the cream 3 times aday has amazed me they have nearly all gone i can hardly see any of them now i just thought i would tell others to see if this also can help you as it has me,..... i know many people cant seem to get rid of it but its worth a try it reallt does work !!! good luck !!

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi - I'm really confused because these would be tips for ringworm or fungal infection, and I thought PR was definitely not fungal? I went to the doc again today and all she said was I had to wait and treat the itching... But wondering if this shampoo thing is worth a go- did your doc say why it worked? X
  • Posted

hi i was also told its not a fungal related, but my doctor said there was something in anti dandruff shampoo that helps with the skin condition and she had adviced many other of her patients the same with good resaults......

madness i thought but like anyone, i will try anything to get rid of this condition..... and so far i am really pleased with the resault's i dont use anything else to wash my body now only the shampoo and its nearly gone !! its worth a try

• Posted

I guess I'm just worried that it would make my skin really dry and itchy, as I usually use ultra moisturising stuff on my skin in the shower, as otherwise i tend to get eczema! Stupid skin I have! I might have a go... also, how come they prescribed you canesten, cos surely that's only anti-fungal? I used that at the start when I thought it was ringworm, it helped the itch a little for a while but I think just because it was a cold cream! I now have a bucketload of hydrocortisone from the doc, but am v sceptical about whether it will help! I HATE this stupid disease!!! Lol. Sigh. Hope you manage to kick yours into touch totally soon! :-) xx
  • Posted

hi well mine is basicly all gone and i know what your sayng about worrying about drying your skin out, well since washing in anti dandruff i have not dreid out atall .. i hated it aswell thats why i have tried washign with the shampoo i have looked on other sites aswell and other people do rate it aswell so give it ago what have you to lose ?? you could lose the rash xxx
  • Posted

With regards to the anti dandruff shampoo

I think the reason it works is because dandruff is just ry skin so with all the dry spots and patches it has the same affect.

I just used it for the first time after hvaing PR for 16 days fingers crossed it works as nothing else has!!!

• Posted

With regards to the anti dandruff shampoo

I think the reason it works is because dandruff is just ry skin so with all the dry spots and patches it has the same affect.

I just used it for the first time after hvaing PR for 16 days fingers crossed it works as nothing else has!!!

• Posted

Got drug allergy rash at the moment (beta blockers)- into my 3rd week of it but off tablets now and not really improving - do you think shampoo would work for this type of rash?
  • Posted

Hey, the dandruff shampoo is a really good idea; dandruff is very much connected to PR, infact another term for it is Pityriasis capitis (im sure you can see the connection smile ) im not 100% sure what the scientific connections are, but im definately going to give the anti-dandruff shampoo a go!
  • Posted

Hiya,

I recently had pityriasis rosea and know how depressing it can be, to get rid of it i heard if you use head and shoulders, i tried this and it worked within a few weeks, i also used bio oil (bit expensive though) but it really worked and got rid of the red marks quickly

Lara x

• Posted

Hi, I was diagnosed with pityriasis rosea two weeks ago and its making me so depressed. It completely covers my whole body including my face, legs, stomach, back, chest, arms, neck everywhere..thanks to the advice on here Im going to try the head and shoulders and milk thistle. Is there anything else I can do? How long does it usually last when treating it with these things? wb xxx
  • Posted

I got diagnosed with pityriasis rosea... it's really horrid, it's all over my back and front, and it means i can't wear ANY of my normal clothes.

I have started trying head and shoulders, but it doesn't seem to be fading at all. How much do you have to put on for it to work??

xx

• Posted

hiya ive been diagonsed wit pityriasis rosea just over two weeks ago it is reaaly bad all over my body and face im going to try the anti dandriff shampoo to see if it works how often did you wash your self in it a day? did any of yours started to go flaky and scap over? thanks
  • Posted

Hi, just to let you know and give you a bit of hope my pityriasis has completely gone. I used the anti dandruff shampoo but i felt it was irritating my rash. The milk thistle really helped and so did the aqeous cream. Also,sitting out in the sun for a day really helped clear it up. All the patches started to go flaky and then ust disappear and iv actually been left with really smooth skin smile

So ye, hope that gives you some hope lol xxx

• Posted

I'm going to try Burt's Bees Poison Ivy soap with jewelweed and oatmeal. Will report back on results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.