22 year old diagnosed with epiditimytis and prostatis. How did I get this?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello, this all started when I started having unprotected sex with a new partner it is no doubt the worst thing I've ever gone through on April 15. (In my defense we had both gotten STD tests before engaging.) 2 weeks later it burned when I peed, I was dribbling pee, and it was a very uncomfortable feeling. The clinic thought it was an STD until the urinalysis came back negative and they believed I had a yeast infection based on a rash that had developed all over my butt penis shaft and thighs. They gave me a flucanazole tablet and sent me on my way pending an std test which came back negative.

A month later after protected sex with the same partner. I developed symptoms like discharge, painful testicles, etc. General doctor tested me for stds blood and urine all negative.

A few days later I peed dried blood and the ER found out I have prostatitis and epiditimytis. Due to a bacterial infection Although I have yet to have anything appear on now 5 urinalysis w culture tests and my various negative std tests. She gave me 2

Weeks of doxycycline it went away.

SYMPTOMS returned with severe sharp pain in left side of penis head. (From the corona to the tip of the penis) and the next dr I saw found my prostate to be re infected and gave me 3 weeks of ciproflexin (no hernia, lumps on testicles, after analysis from latest dr visit.

After various std scares, tests, all this confusion no one has been able to tell me how the hell I got this "bacterial infection" to begin with?!

0 likes, 59 replies

59 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.