23 Scared I have Colon Cancer

Posted , 9 users are following.

Apologies in advance for the lengthy post. I'm 23 and have had trouble with diarrhea all my life. Last October I noticed blood in my stool when I wiped. I attributed it to hemorrhoids as I did have a habit of sitting on the toilet too long. Fast forward to about a month ago, I've been experiencing really bad intermittent stomach pain, bleeding, mucus in my stool, mucus that leaks into my underwear, and still putting up with the diarrhea. I sometimes have normal stools, sometimes its thin, sometimes its diarrhea, but as I mentioned I've had sporadic bowel movements my whole life. I am a bit of a worrier, so any little thing sets me off, but I have noticed that over the last week or so I've been constantly burping and feeling nauseous when I eat. I'm terrified this is a sign that the cancer has gotten so advanced its causing an obstruction. Could this really be anything other than colon cancer? I have a colonoscopy and upper endoscopy scheduled for next Wednesday, but part of me thinks "what's the point. If I've waited months since my first symptoms I'm as good as gone anyway" I know that's a horrible way of thinking, but as I said I'm a bit of a worrier. I suffer from severe anxiety. Any insight would be wonderfully appreciated, and I'm so sorry to anyone going through colon cancer that I sound like such a wuss for what could be something else.

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

You don't need to worry. Stress may sometime give you more symptoms. Get away stress and continue believing in yourself smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.